DVD order Batman the Animated Series

Faxhagen

Pasidua

The XML you show shows only aired episodes (based on their IDs). The thing is, the DVD episodes all have different IDs (they are, for all purposes, completely different episodes with no overlap with the aired ones). I haven't got an easy way at the moment to test looking up API information based on episode IDs, but is it really the case that episodes like ID 7478375 (which is the first DVD episode) are unlisted in the API? Because I actually tried manually overriding the TVDB ID in the metadata editor, but the episodes still would not update / pull metadata.

Happy2Play

The XML you show shows only aired episodes (based on their IDs). The thing is, the DVD episodes all have different IDs (they are, for all purposes, completely different episodes with no overlap with the aired ones). I haven't got an easy way at the moment to test looking up API information based on episode IDs, but is it really the case that episodes like ID 7478375 (which is the first DVD episode) are unlisted in the API? Because I actually tried manually overriding the TVDB ID in the metadata editor, but the episodes still would not update / pull metadata.

That is the only information returned from TVDB, Emby reads that xml and picks the provided Aired, DVD or Absolute value from that xml to provide you the selected order.

As you can see NO alternate dvd order is provided via TVDB's api metadata.  Even using their swagger api there is no information returned.  This example is no different then shows that have a Netflix alternate season order that currently can not be retrieved from their api.  This information only exists on their website.

Edited by Happy2Play

Pasidua

The TVDB is really dropping the ball in many areas at once then, it seems. I'm sort of worried v4 will be released, and won't meet all the expectations placed on it, simply because there's so much left for them to fix for it...

Faxhagen

Could you zip the" \Emby-Server\programdata\cache\tvdb\76168" folder and post it.

Location may be different depending on the OS but the Cache path can be seen in the Paths box on the Dashboard.

Hi there @@Happy2Play.

Was the zipped folder in #21 not helpful?

Happy2Play

Hi there @@Happy2Play.

Was the zipped folder in #21 not helpful?

It looks correct, only other thing I can think of would be deleting that "76168" tvdbid cache folder and refreshing the series.

I even changed the prefered language to Danish to pull the DA metadata and did not have any issues reordering Aired to DVD.  Just had to refresh the page after changing the display order.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 weeks later...
RaptorCentauri

Re Batman TAS Metadata - The TVDB does what it does best here. And that is to get things horribly wrong. I'm not certain how helpful it would be to you, but I was able to get Proper naming based on the Blu Ray release. So that's 65 eps in season 1, 20 eps in season 2, and 24 eps in season 3 (which is what scrappers will see as The New Batman Adventures). This information was retrieved from The MovieDB using production order.

It's possible you may need to edit the names of your actual media files to reflect the proper name. Each ep has a title card roughly a minute in that you can identify. I'd recommend putting the entire things together in a folder outside your server, and then transferring it all at once followed by a Scan Library. I would also lock future metadata changes.

I'm attaching a Zip of the NFOs

Hopefully this is helpful!

Batman TAS NFO.zip

Faxhagen
On 6/22/2020 at 9:43 PM, RaptorCentauri said:

I'm attaching a Zip of the NFOs

Hopefully this is helpful!

Batman TAS NFO.zip 203.2 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the NFO's. I tried putting them up in the BTAS folders, but it didn't work.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:39 PM, Happy2Play said:

It looks correct, only other thing I can think of would be deleting that "76168" tvdbid cache folder and refreshing the series.

Deleting the 76168 cache folder did the trick. It took me a while to figure out how to get root access to the server. It is not exactly a user friendly solution to the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Riggs

I still have this same issue, I was open one post about this..... mmm maybe one or two months ago. 

Thanks for look into this @Luke

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, Riggs said:

I still have this same issue, I was open one post about this..... mmm maybe one or two months ago. 

Have you removed the cached metadata?

9 hours ago, Riggs said:

Riggs, by any chance did you have a different sort order set on the client for the series before you download it?

Riggs
14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you removed the cached metadata?

Was easy to me not have to do that because I'm doing some tests with a new remote server, so is a fresh install. 

Edit: on my home server I did it when you advised me. In the end I ended up doing it by hand and blocking the series for future changes. I took the artworks one by one from TVDB and the plot copied from IMDB.

12 hours ago, cayars said:

Riggs, by any chance did you have a different sort order set on the client for the series before you download it?

Nope , that is a remux from the collection made by me. I have the original blu-ray set. 

Edited by Riggs

Riggs

@Happy2Play @cayars

What was clear in the post I opened on this same topic/"issue" is that TMDB only uses the order in which they aired, although they said that they would possibly add that feature to the changes they are making on the platform this year, although they did not it is not certain.
We tried clearing the cache and library completely and any traces, unchecked TMDB from the library to try to redo it so that the scrapper would do the job only with TVDB but we were unsuccessful.
Having said that, TVDB DOES offer both options. However, if this is an API issue on their part (TVDB) or if it is an inconsistency from Emby's scrapper I can't tell, so I thanked @Luke for look into this.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play do you think this is an issue with the tvdb data?

To me this would appear to be a cache issue as others have been able to resolve this by clearing it.  At least in this specific example.  Unless there is a specific issue within a specific platform.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

So it's not reproducible on a new install, is that correct?

Not in my tests on Windows installations.