add library located on another nfs shared volume not work

screwworld

screwworld
I have a four disks synology-NAS and emby docker running on it .

Simply, my file structure is :

/mnt/movies=>/volume1                                                           #phisical hard disk1

|-/Remotemovie  =>/volume2/2ndmovie    #phisical hard disk2,NFS SHARE.

-----

In the proceed of installation , the mount point is as /mnt/movies, emby server shows movie wall.

I use "mount -t nfs /volume1/Remotemovie  /volume2/2ndmovie".

Open nas file manager, in /volume1/Remotemovie ,I see all the files phisacally located in  /volume2/2ndmovie.  So the map folder is successful.

------

QUESTION: add  "/mnt/movies/Remotemovie" to library ,it says "no items found".I've checked many posts in this forum from 2016~2018,but I can't solve it .

It seems like a file system problem not a emby problem , should advanced member/architect show me some screenshots to work out or mayby some example of the UNC path?

Thx

screwworld

Hi,Luke

I will try cifs.

I saw many posts suggetions are :

step 1) make nfs share

step 2) mount to the entry made at insallation proceed

step 3) the most confused: give emby's user  R/W authority of the nfs directory,but nfs config all-squash as admin‘s UID&GID,so what purpose of   step 3

screwworld

Hi,luke

I tried mount remote folder using cifs to "/volome1/rRemotemovie",but the result is the same. when I click the new library ,it shows"no items found".

I saw the post"https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38561-add-media-library-from-second-synology-box/?hl=%2Bsmb+%2Bmount&do=findComment&comment=361531", member SuppeGris using your method, and he was done.But I don;t know what wrong I did.

I saw the post"https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/85695-accessing-external-usb-drive/". I confused at nas user and emby user authority. I guess emby user can access local machine's hard disk, but it can not access another machine hard disk ,but when I mount cifs folder,I provided another machine's user/passoword. May I add emby user to nas administrators group?

I tried mount remote folder using cifs to "/volome1/rRemotemovie",but the result is the same. when I click the new library ,it shows"no items found".

And then what did you add to Emby Server?

screwworld

I add a new library, when I click "+",under "/",drop down box it has  /mnt/movies/Remotemovies,I select it .And add library is ok,but click the new library ,it shows "no items found".

Have you checked the permissions recursively to ensure the embysvr user has read permissions on the contents? @@FrostByte may have some tips on that.

FrostByte

Did you run a scan after adding the library?

Here's a pic of my movies library.  MyEmbyMedia is the Synology shared folder, then movies is the library name

5eb06bf9eaf7e_moviesunc.jpg

I gave the user embysvr permissions to the shared folder per step 3 here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Setting-Up-Your-Media-Library-Share

Edited by FrostByte