Check for application updates failed

OnyxUK

OnyxUK

hey hoping someone can help, i have started having problems with emby this week and last but not to sure whats happening, first it started with an alert stating : Check for plugin updates failed  with this error code - 

No such host is known.

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

and now i am getting this: Check for application updates failed with the error code -

Could not find a part of the path 'G:\cache\httpclient'.

at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath, Byte[] securityDescriptor)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.CacheResponse(HttpResponseInfo response, String responseCachePath)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

i have no clue why this is happening but since going on emby tonight i keep getting these codes and i also cannot access the plugin catalogue (library i can access) direct play on remote devices keeps freezing and transcoding doesnt work at all?? confused tired and getting annoyed lol please help.

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63723704226.txt

embyserver-63723704208.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-878086a2-15fe-4935-aad2-44e54c68a2d2_1.txt

Edited by ONYX MEDIA

Hi, you configured multiple custom paths that are no longer valid:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\cache\ffmpeg'.

I would resolve this and then try again.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

Hi, you configured multiple custom paths that are no longer valid:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'G:\cache\ffmpeg'.

I would resolve this and then try again.

heyyy luke. 

okay i have changed the path not sure how that managed that as i dont have any drive under G haha but all changed but still having the playback issues direct play and transcoding. for outside connection

Edited by ONYX MEDIA

OnyxUK

Let's please look at an example of that. Thanks.

how can i give you an example ? do you mean from logs ? sorry really tired tonight brain not functioning lol 

Yes please, new log file examples now that you've resolved the path issues. thanks.

OnyxUK

Yes please, new log file examples now that you've resolved the path issues. thanks.

No probs mate, i have restarted to try and play a couple of movies from my phone so its from a outside connection, iphone running 4g, hopefully i have given the right logs lol 

Thanks luke

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-a0de74be-4153-48d5-add0-958f213c2bcb_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d552453c-1473-4213-8e85-a8e4d8f0ba31_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-66fd04dd-9a13-43cf-a83c-55969dc75190_1.txt

No probs mate, i have restarted to try and play a couple of movies from my phone so its from a outside connection, iphone running 4g, hopefully i have given the right logs lol 

Thanks luke

And what exactly happened in this example?

OnyxUK

And what exactly happened in this example?

okay i restarted the server completely, to make sure everything was updated, after this i used my phone (iphone 4g) for a outside connection, i tried to run a flim in direct stream with the setting set at auto. when trying to play i have a custom intro that couldn't play all the way smoothly (its only 10 secs long), it took about 2 mins to complete the trailer, after this the flim wouldnt play it would just be stuck on the image.

the second test was to try it at 720p 1.5mbps transcoding and same thing happened. then with the last test i removed trailers completely to check if it was this, it helped slightly but not enough to enjoy a film. after this i lowered it again to 320p and my iso emby app crashed and closed.

after looking for a couple of hours after my last reply i did wounder if it would be the trailer res running at 4K from this i changed this to 1080p and tried again. the trailer couldnt finish smoothly but it did run a lot better, all movies that i tested were either running at 1080p or 720p as i know 4k is hard to most computers to handle with transcoding. 

HOWEVER one massive difference i did find was the connection, strange to say when running on 4G network i done a couple of test with my internet and this is what i found: 

4G :

• download mbps 93.0
  • upload mbps 16.4
  • ping 34 ms
  • jitter 3.1 ms
  • packet loss 0%

3G:

• download mbps 6.01
  • upload mbps 3.93
  • ping 13 ms
  • jitter 13ms
  • packet loss 0%

after testing the difference between both 4g and 3g i then ran another test and when using 4g network it wouldnt play direct stream or transcode stream but when switching to 3g it work perfect, direct stream with custom trailer played running 4k movies, and transcoding with custom trailer playing upto 1080p 6mbps smoothly, 

not sure if that should make a difference as 4g should run better than 3g but in this case it was the other way round.

OnyxUK

So is it just that intro file that is problematic?

no i removed the trailer completely after the second test and made sure trailers was turned off in the main settings. all trailer now are 1080p not 4k but even running this on 4g wont work. really strange lol  

Can you also try turning off hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, and see if that helps? Thanks.

OnyxUK

Can you also try turning off hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, and see if that helps? Thanks.

no problem i will test this in a bit and get back to you :)

OnyxUK

Is it just a problem with your intro files?

no its the main movies and tv shows 

Ok the first thing that i would try is lowering the in-app quality setting. That will generally resolve problems of stuttering, pauses, etc, because the server will transcode to a smaller bitrate. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

OnyxUK

thats where i turned it off from 

thats where i turned it off from 

Can we look at an example? it appears to be enabled in your log files.