New Player Interface / Selecting Audio Streams

LeftForPlex

LeftForPlex

I'm using the New Player Interface and love it.  In fact I'm now using it for all mkv's instead of using TMT5 as I try to get away from TMT5.  I cannot seem to be able to select audio streams through the player.  I've installed Media Control to try and get this working, along with ffdshow, but cannot get it to work.

Am I missing something?

Running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.

I never see the pop up menu that apparently I should see when playback starts.  

Thanks,

Marcus

The WMC player does not allow access to different audio streams.  It was build like 10 years ago and designed mostly for playing DVDs - which have internal menu structures for such operations.

So, you have to use your codec settings to control audio streams.  I think Media Control does allow some of this but I've never used it so I'm not familiar with exactly how it works.

Cheesegeezer

I'm using the New Player Interface and love it.  In fact I'm now using it for all mkv's instead of using TMT5 as I try to get away from TMT5.  I cannot seem to be able to select audio streams through the player.  I've installed Media Control to try and get this working, along with ffdshow, but cannot get it to work.

Am I missing something?

Running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.

I never see the pop up menu that apparently I should see when playback starts.  

Thanks,

Marcus

Media Control tile needs to be on the same menu as mediabrowser in WMC start page, its the only way i have got it to work.

You will need a mediacentre studio or something similar to achieve this.

I'll also dig out a small guide i wrote on mediacontrol to help you get setup with that side.

Cheesegeezer

Here is how you need to set up MCE MediaControl. Read Descriptions at bottom of what to do.

Hopefully it's helpful.

You must have FFDShow installed and set Windows 7 to use FFDShow when viewing movies by using the Win7FilterTweaker Tool. If you are not sure follow my guide in the Tutorials section under General. Linky Here

http://imgur.com/a/QlHg6

Deihmos

Are you sure you installed the correct mediacontrol? There is a 32bit and 64bit. After it is installed all you do is go to the ffdshow config page and select apply minimum onfiguration to make it work with ffdshow. That's about it.

I never install the entry points. It is unnecessary.

Edited by Deihmos

LeftForPlex

Are you sure you installed the correct mediacontrol? There is a 32bit and 64bit. After it is installed all you do is go to the ffdshow config page and select apply minimum onfiguration to make it work with ffdshow. That's about it.

I never install the entry points. It is unnecessary.

Are you using Windows 8 though?  I'm using Windows 8, installed the 64bit version, and did just that.

-Marcus

Deihmos

I am using Windows 8. Are you sure ffdshow is being used? Check the tray when a video is playing.

LeftForPlex

I am using Windows 8. Are you sure ffdshow is being used? Check the tray when a video is playing.

It is.  However, when running the media control test program, and clicking on Find FFDShow, it says FFDShow has not been found?

Deihmos

You need to apply minimum configuration then commit changes. Did you install 6.0.15? You need ffdshow x64 and mediacontrol x64. It will only find ffdshow if you have a video playing and ffdshow is in use.

You can check out this video from around 7minutes. I remember using this a while back when I was setting things up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43xl292RJE

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacontrolmce/files/?source=navbar

Edited by Deihmos