Feature Request Tracking Thread

Jdiesel

This should actually be posted in the Feature Request Forum Topics...

The profanity system is unlikely... best bet is to remove the media... Since you are retaining complete control over the server anyway.

Censorship in this area would be way more complicated to implement and would more than likely drive the development price and required resources to run the server through the roof... I do not know of any media server out there which provides this service.

1 minute ago, Hxemby001 said:

This should actually be posted in the Feature Request Forum Topics...

The profanity system is unlikely... best bet is to remove the media... Since you are retaining complete control over the server anyway.

Censorship in this area would be way more complicated to implement and would more than likely drive the development price and required resources to run the server through the roof... I do not know of any media server out there which provides this service.

An anti-profanity feature based on subtitle text is not something I could call unlikely. That's been requested before.

That would work with text based subtitles though, I am guessing PGS would be a different story.. almost as easy as editing the subs with F3...

I never really pictured a filtering platform to bleep profanity based on words in a subtitle file before.. Usually pretty complex when it comes to radio stations and broadcasting...

IMHO though.. if it's religious or just someone who doesn't like it.. they should seek other forms of media, and stay away from such things to filter their eyes and ears.. There are different world for people.

I personally do not support censorship..

Edited by Guest

Please don't use this topic to discuss the features.  Do that in their respective threads.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
rbjtech

Has there been any progress on automating this list ? 

@Abobader

It seems a pretty basic requirement of forum software - I'm surprised it's not available out the box ..

I'm sure it will also save @ebr a ton of work adding 'duplicate' into new requests - if people see their idea in the top 20 pinned to the top of the forum, then they can just add their support instead.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@Abobader

It seems a pretty basic requirement of forum software - I'm surprised it's not available out the box ..

I'm sure it will also save @ebr a ton of work adding 'duplicate' into new requests - if people see their idea in the top 20 pinned to the top of the forum, then they can just add their support instead.

You can just filter and sort the existing topics.

MBSki
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

But there is no sort by most votes. Aren't users supposed to like the 1st post in a thread? I don't see any option that will sort by the most likes of the 1st post in a thread. How are you sorting to find out which feature requests have the most votes?

• Agree 3

rbjtech
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't believe the OP is keeping this list up to date - and while I commend them for their efforts doing this manually - in 2021, this is a little sad that something like this cannot be fully automated.

'Top likes' is all we need for this forum - and then pin them as the top post - is that really too much to ask for ?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

I don't believe the OP is keeping this list up to date - and while I commend them for their efforts doing this manually - in 2021, this is a little sad that something like this cannot be fully automated.

'Top likes' is all we need for this forum - and then pin them as the top post - is that really too much to ask for ?

All you have to do is sort the feature request section on criteria such as most viewed, replied, etc, and you can get an idea of what the hottest issues are.

rbjtech

ok - not sure we are on the same wavelength here..  maybe you have a lot more sort options than we do.

forum1.PNG.593b5776a08e4981eed78624969f2c4e.PNG

We do not get the option to sort by 'Likes' - thus even if we sort by 'Replies' (I'm assuming here a 'like' also qualifies as a reply..) then should it not sort the entries with the highest/lowest at the top ?  Instead I get 216 pages of unsorted items ?

forum2.thumb.PNG.fe40af8350c9f864dd8f75be5de06b2e.PNG

This is using Edge - maybe it works with Chrome .. or maybe it's broken..

• Agree 1

OnyxUK
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

i did offer to take over this thread to keep it up to date but was shot down while being told it was a waste of effort, but fully agree with you that something needs doing 👍

• Like 1

MBSki
1 hour ago, Luke said:

All you have to do is sort the feature request section on criteria such as most viewed, replied, etc, and you can get an idea of what the hottest issues are.

That's not how we've been told "votes" work in this forum. A vote is only when the first post in an FR is liked. If the vote were simply the most replied to items then we could simply spam the thread to increase votes. 

• Like 1

OnyxUK

If its the case that this forum cant do it i would be even willing to do a website for just voting and keep it fully updated with all links to emby to original posts, whats been completed by emby and whats in progress with emby on the features side only. 

literally made this in less than 10mins just to show one post but would make it look good on all pages and information too

https://onyxcorplimited.wixsite.com/embyvote/group/mysite-200-group/discussion

and a link on the top of this forum can be for the website for voting purposes 

just a thought 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@Abobader

I am working with old IPS dev about this for the new forum build, sort by vote and more other feature for this vote system we used.

6 hours ago, mbarylski said:

That's not how we've been told "votes" work in this forum. A vote is only when the first post in an FR is liked. If the vote were simply the most replied to items then we could simply spam the thread to increase votes. 

No, the new vote system (we used for a year now) will calculated total vote the author of the thread had, no matters what post the like come from in his thread for his posts only, that display in the threads view of the forum.

• Like 3

rbjtech
8 hours ago, Abobader said:

I am working with old IPS dev about this for the new forum build, sort by vote and more other feature for this vote system we used.

No, the new vote system (we used for a year now) will calculated total vote the author of the thread had, no matters what post the like come from in his thread for his posts only, that display in the threads view of the forum.

That sounds great Abo - thanks for the update - I look forward to it.

• Agree 2

• 5 weeks later...