markloveskensley

Metadata for "On Now" / "Programs"

markloveskensley

I've looked around but haven't been able to find an answer so please forgive me if it's here and I just overlooked it. My question is - Is it possible to have media posters shown for the "On now" / "Programs"/ and "Upcoming" shows in the Live TV area. I understand that this information can come from the XMLTV or Emby Guide Data provided for the channel. I am using Xteve to map my channels as this is quicker than mapping through Emby. I was just wondering if since the shows appear in the "On Now" section, is there someway to have the metadata automatically pulled. See attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Mark

Luke

Hi, what guide data are you using? does it have posters?

markloveskensley

It is the one provided by my IPTV Provider. I tried mapping channels w/ Emby Guide Data and it gives me what I want but it takes so long to map one channel at a time . So I thought since the "On Now" section is showing the show that is on, I was hoping maybe there was a way to have Emby pull the posters. I don't even care about it showing the episode / series info or the actual show description. The poster would make it more appealing to the eye.

Thanks,

Mark

Luke

Hi, we don't use any internet sources for guide data beyond what your guide data provider provides, so it would need to include images. So you're saying it doesn't?

markloveskensley

I'm not sure. How would I know if it does? I understand how to look at an xmltv file but what line in the file would call the image?

Luke

It would be hard to read the xml file if you're not familiar with the format, but if emby isn't displaying anything, then it's safe to say it doesn't contain any images.