Channels not ready, please try again... error - getting this alot

Menz01

Menz01

Hello,

this happens more often than it does not. I will sit down ready to watch some TV. i have my IPTV setup in Emby and i will open the Emby app on my Roku and try to open the guide in live TV and i get a green bar saying "Channels are not ready, please try again" In the past if i exited the server and reopened it it would usually work the second time, but lately, i will keep getting the error. Here is the strange part, even though i am getting that error, i can instead go to channels and click a channel and and it will play the channel, but i can't watch it cause the green error bar keeps coming up and saying that channels are not ready every few seconds.

I know Roku is not everyones favorite client but budgets are tight and i can't afford to buy a shield or any other item right now. So i keep having to go back to Plex to watch my TV channels. On all my discord channels i am in, people tell me day in and day out how much better Emby is compared to Plex especially when it comes to IPTV and they laugh at me when i tell them that "for me" Plex is better cause i can actually watch TV instead of opening and closing Emby multiple times to get past an error.

so i have to assume its something i am doing wrong. How do i make it so on my Roku i can watch Emby Live TV without the channels error all the time?

thanks in advance

Mike 

Hi. How many channels do you have defined?  What model of Roku?

You should not need to restart anything after that message.  Simply try again a few seconds later.

Menz01

Hi. How many channels do you have defined?  What model of Roku?

You should not need to restart anything after that message.  Simply try again a few seconds later.

i have 315 channel and my Roku is a Model 4210x and trying again without leaving that app no matter how long i wait, gives me the same error

That's not very many channels.  It sounds like something may be failing somewhere.  Can you please reproduce the problem and send a log from the app - and then also supply the server log from that same session?

Thanks.