Additional Webhook Triggers

JasonNalley

JasonNalley

I would really like a Webhook trigger for "Content Added".  I currently have to keep my Plex server up and running for Tautulli integration so that I can send a webhook announcement through integromat for a facebook group post when new content is added.  Tautulli has the option to delay the hook for 3-4 minutes while the library scan happens, this is especially useful when adding multiple episodes or seasons and works for TV as follows

1 Episode added, it sends the trakt.tv link and image for just that episodes.
Multiple Episodes in 1 Season gets added, it sends the trakt.tv link for that season and the cover for that season
Multiple episodes+multiple seasons get added, it sends the trakt.tv link for the Show

For movies, it will just post each individual movie as a single post.

In both instances it posts "<insert content here> added to <insert library here>"
Along with the accompanying link

Tautulli also has the ability to limit these to when content is added to only specific Libraries.

This type of Webhook would be ideal for me so I can let my family know when their content has been added in a less annoying way than a push notification or E-Mail.  I'm also not suggesting that Emby look for the trakt.tv link either, the TVDB or IMDB links would work just as well, and presumably Emby gets or at least CAN get that information when it retrieves the metadata.  

Edited by JasonNalley
  • Like 1

JasonNalley

Yeh, I saw that, and it looked like it might do what I wanted it to do, but I have exactly 0 experience creating scripts on my own (Unless you count a coding class I took in the late 80's when I was in Elementary school)... Within Tautulli it was pretty simple to setup, I just checked boxes and put in one tiny line of code that I happened to get from a friend who helped me set it up.  I'm all for learning new things, but with this I wouldn't even know where to begin :)

ginjaninja

i am learning scripting / using powershell to interact with APIs

facebook seems to provide support pages on how to use their api to post to groups but there are some hoops to jump thought to gain access to the api i think eg publishing a privacy policy?

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps#register

I would be happy to help as it would be a learning opportunity.

The trakt link is just

https://trakt.tv/shows/IMDBID/seasons/3/episodes/2 eg https://trakt.tv/shows/tt7016936/seasons/3/episodes/2

embys Api will provide IMDBID if ScripterX wont natively.

{
      "Name": "Killing Eve",
      "ServerId": "fccaa6f897f140dbb689938224ae1938",
      "Id": "105855",
      "Path": "J:\\TV18\\Killing Eve",
      "RunTimeTicks": 24000000000,
      "ProviderIds": {
        "Tvdb": "340959",
        "Imdb": "tt7016936",
        "Tmdb": "72750"

And posting to a facebook group looks straightforward

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/groups-api/common-uses#posting-on-a-group

maybe if you investigate access to facebook api/your group, i can provide the script

JasonNalley

i am learning scripting / using powershell to interact with APIs

facebook seems to provide support pages on how to use their api to post to groups but there are some hoops to jump thought to gain access to the api i think eg publishing a privacy policy?

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps#register

I would be happy to help as it would be a learning opportunity.

The trakt link is just

https://trakt.tv/shows/IMDBID/seasons/3/episodes/2 eg https://trakt.tv/shows/tt7016936/seasons/3/episodes/2

embys Api will provide IMDBID if ScripterX wont natively.

{
      "Name": "Killing Eve",
      "ServerId": "fccaa6f897f140dbb689938224ae1938",
      "Id": "105855",
      "Path": "J:\\TV18\\Killing Eve",
      "RunTimeTicks": 24000000000,
      "ProviderIds": {
        "Tvdb": "340959",
        "Imdb": "tt7016936",
        "Tmdb": "72750"

And posting to a facebook group looks straightforward

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/groups-api/common-uses#posting-on-a-group

maybe if you investigate access to facebook api/your group, i can provide the script

So, Integromat and another service out there like it already have a Facebook API for Group posts...  So what I have been doing using Tautulli, is sending the webhook to Integromat, and then Integromat posts to facebook.  They give you 1,000 actions per month for free, any more than that and you either no longer have posts coming through, or you can pay to upgrade for more....  

Check em out, www.integromat.com

ginjaninja

if you explain  how tautulli instructs integromat, it may be that a script/scripterx plugin can be used in place of tautulli and reproduce what it does

do you use a web hook notification  in tautulli on event "recently added" to post data to your integromat account/web service?

perhaps document the configuration and ill attempt to  mock up a script to send similar data to your integromat.

ps am only familiar with windows scripting

Edited by ginjaninja

JasonNalley

if you explain  how tautulli instructs integromat, it may be that a script/scripterx plugin can be used in place of tautulli and reproduce what it does

do you use a web hook notification  in tautulli on event "recently added" to post data to your integromat account/web service?

perhaps document the configuration and ill attempt to  mock up a script to send similar data to your integromat.

ps am only familiar with windows scripting

Yeah, in Tautulli, there's a "Webhooks" type notification under their "Notification Agents", it sends a Webhook POST notification to Integromat on "Recently Added" trigger for Any Library containing "Movies" or "TV" in its name, it uses this code:

{"message":"Added to {library_name}\n<episode>{show_name} - S{season_num00}E{episode_num00} - {episode_name}</episode><season>{show_name} - Season {season_num}</season><show>{show_name}</show><movie>{title} ({year})</movie>","link":"<movie>{imdb_url}</movie><show>{imdb_url}</show><season>{trakt_url}</season><episode>{trakt_url}</episode>"}

I had to give it a specific Link for the Webhook at Integromat... 

I hope that helps?

ginjaninja

Yeah, in Tautulli, there's a "Webhooks" type notification under their "Notification Agents", it sends a Webhook POST notification to Integromat on "Recently Added" trigger for Any Library containing "Movies" or "TV" in its name, it uses this code:

{"message":"Added to {library_name}\n<episode>{show_name} - S{season_num00}E{episode_num00} - {episode_name}</episode><season>{show_name} - Season {season_num}</season><show>{show_name}</show><movie>{title} ({year})</movie>","link":"<movie>{imdb_url}</movie><show>{imdb_url}</show><season>{trakt_url}</season><episode>{trakt_url}</episode>"}

I had to give it a specific Link for the Webhook at Integromat... 

I hope that helps?

i think i need more info

so within the configuration of tautulli webhook notification, there will be

webhook url?

webhook method? post i think you said

under data

json headers?

json data? as above?

the script will need to contain/use this information to replicate what tautulli does i suspect.

JasonNalley

i think i need more info

so within the configuration of tautulli webhook notification, there will be

webhook url?

webhook method? post i think you said

under data

json headers?

json data? as above?

the script will need to contain/use this information to replicate what tautulli does i suspect.

Right, so... I am not sure how much more info I actually have.  I will try and break it down as best as I can:

- In Tautulli, I go to Settings>Notification Agents>+>Webhook

Within the configuration of the Webhook, it asks me for: 

- Webhook URL (The URL is Unique to me, if you need one for testing you may need to sign up to Integromat)

- Webhook Method (POST)

Then there's a "Triggers" tab, which I can set what actually Triggers the Webhook Notification Agent

-Recently Added (this is my trigger)

Then there's a Conditions Tab

-Condition 1 = Library Name + Contains + "Movies" or "TV"

Then there's a Data tab

This has JSON Header which is blank

JSON Data which is populated with that script/code I pasted earlier

Lastly there is a test notifications Tab where I can put in some JSON Data and test it to make sure it's working... 

Edited by JasonNalley

ginjaninja

5eabf048c6504_Capture.jpg

is this the correct structure on how the integromat receives the data ie 1 bundle two rows labelled message and link with strings as values? I dont have facebook / your config to test. should have a script to test shortly.

Edited by ginjaninja

JasonNalley

is this the correct structure on how the integromat receives the data ie 1 bundle two rows labelled message and link with strings as values? I dont have facebook / your config to test. should have a script to test shortly.

I believe so, this is the other 1/2 of the image for Integromat:

5eac50bf793b0_webhook.jpg

JasonNalley

@@ginjaninja not sure if this helps you or not, as others have said in the past that Tautulli would have to be completely re-coded to work with Emby, but Tautulli is completely free and opensource.  They have a Github located here  : https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

It's a rather large program though, so going through the code to see what you can salvage/re-use might be difficult.  It does work on Windows though, so...

On a side note, if someone could make a Tautulli branch that worked on Emby, I'd be over the moon.  It's so useful and the data and extra control it gives over the standard plex installation is amazing.

Edited by JasonNalley

ginjaninja

@@ginjaninja not sure if this helps you or not, as others have said in the past that Tautulli would have to be completely re-coded to work with Emby, but Tautulli is completely free and opensource. They have a Github located here : https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

It's a rather large program though, so going through the code to see what you can salvage/re-use might be difficult. It does work on Windows though, so...

On a side note, if someone could make a Tautulli branch that worked on Emby, I'd be over the moon. It's so useful and the data and extra control it gives over the standard plex installation is amazing.

Hi Jason,

I am hopeful these scripts will achieve what you are after (On Windows systems)

In a test environment, they are posting messages to my email via integromat webhook in my case but no reason why they wont work for your workflow/Facebook.

In a real environment they will require some testing and fixing i am sure but feel free to give them a go/ask questions.

Depending on your confidence reading code, you may find the comments in scripts help you to troubleshoot..

Some help on installing is included in the comments at top of each file.

Copy all the scripts to a single folder (i have only tested on same server as Emby)

LogMediaAdds.ps1 should be referenced by ScripterX (you will need to install this plugin)

LogMediaAdds.ps1 creates/appends onmediaitemadded events to a CSV file Queue.csv

ProcessAdded.ps1 should be scheduled in windows task scheduler maybe every 15 minutes. (although to begin with you may want to run manually so you can see the output to aid with troubleshooting)

ProcessAdded will process Queue.csv and send to PostAdded.PS1 - Multiple Episodes will be rolled up to Seasons, Seasons to Series, Tracks to Albums etc.

PostAdded.ps1 will construct the message in the format outlined previously and post to Integromat

refer to Config.psd1 to enter your own Emby URL, Integromat Web Hook URL, Emby Api Key.

you will need to create Api Key in Emby server admin, the api key gives the script access to Emby.)

Other Notes

The scripts have been tested with Powershell Core 7, i used v7 interpreter ie pwsh.exe in ScripterX with parameters as per comments in script.

Interpreter: pwsh.exe

Script File: -File "A:\PSScript\Integromat\LogMediaAdds.ps1"

Parameters: -Name "%item.name%" -ID "%item.id%" -Type "%item.type%" -Path "%item.path%" -SeriesName "%series.name%" -SeasonName "%season.name%"

File

For Windows X64

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases/download/v7.0.0/PowerShell-7.0.0-win-x64.msi

For other platforms (completely untested / not likely to work 1st try) - see assets

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/releases

When raising issues, a copy of your LogMediaAdds.csv will probably help me troubleshoot

latest

Integromat v0.0.0.7fix.zip

for reference

Integromat v0.0.0.6 fix.zip

Integromat v0.0.0.5.zip

Changes

New - Config Option Post to Integromat. For testing - when false the post will not go to integromat. The would be post is just logged in PostLog. So as to not use up allowance during testing.

New - Post field on Postlog.csv added, so there is a record of what was or would have been posted to integromat.

Fix - Sibling detection too promiscuous was finding itself as sibling

New - Added 'RollupSiblings' Configuration Setting. Even if a parent is not present in queue, Siblings will get added by a range labelled earliest to latest (even if some are missing in middle of range, link will generally be to page which shows the siblings if available) eg S01E01E05 when episodes 1,2,4,5 are added. if multiple seasons are added with no series, the post will be rolled up to multiple seasons.

New - Added a mutex 'test' script to confirm that the 'real' scripts have exited well and the log mutex is generally available ("True"). Should only be false momentarily when a 'real' script is running.

New - Add a post type for audio file (track), with sibling variant - mileage may vary on how useful this is - bit of a edge case to add tracks not albums.

Update: Rewrote process adds main loop/logic again to deal with siblings (think v0.0.0.5 was generally busted). tested a fair bit but still not 100% sure as the logic is complicated and the coding so convoluted now. Need to make more elegant to introduce update functionality.

New: Moved Configuration settings to Config.psd1 

New: Default Queue file has been changed from LogmediaAdds.csv to Queue.CSV and is determined by a configuration setting

Update: Added a : after 'library name' in post message (you can change that in the post added script) - looks better on Android Push Notification, eventually might make message structure a configuration setting.

Fix: Special Season Number evaluated as 00 in post message and trakt link (Was null)

Update: Rewrote process adds main loop/logic to ensue mutex was disposed, and more troubleshooting info when run manually.

New: Added lots of troubleshooting output to process adds.ps1

Update:Rewrote process adds main loop/logic to make it easier to read/troubleshoot

New: Avoid posting stale records in queue (invalid IDs)

New: Prefix Artist to Album Posts "Artist - Album"

Fix: Evaluate library for type:MusicAlbum

Known Issues

To Test

To Do

Suppress noise during media upgrades

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 1

JasonNalley

@@ginjaninja thanks man, this is very helpful.  I've almost got it set up.  I want to be clear about something though, I'm assuming, that since I have to run the script every 15 minutes, that it will only post to facebook every 15 minutes?  Not immediately upon content added, correct?

If so, what happens if content is still being added while the script executes?  Does it do a post of the partial content (ie, lets say I am added CSI which has 15 seasons, and it adds up to Season 8, and the script executes on the 15 minute mark.  Will it post "CSI" twice?  Once for the previous 15 minutes and once for the second 15 minute interval?  Just curious.

ginjaninja

@@ginjaninja thanks man, this is very helpful. I've almost got it set up. I want to be clear about something though, I'm assuming, that since I have to run the script every 15 minutes, that it will only post to facebook every 15 minutes? Not immediately upon content added, correct?

If so, what happens if content is still being added while the script executes? Does it do a post of the partial content (ie, lets say I am added CSI which has 15 seasons, and it adds up to Season 8, and the script executes on the 15 minute mark. Will it post "CSI" twice? Once for the previous 15 minutes and once for the second 15 minute interval? Just curious.

Yes it only posts to inegromat as fequently as you run the ProcessAdded script, you could try reducing its schedule to 5 minutes. (once confident its working)

There is a check in ProcessAdded, so that it doesnt process log items who potentially related content is more recent than 1 minute (assumption being, related content is still being added to library).. i probably need to check this logic as ive just realised its probably not correct yet. The intended design is that it would not post any csi content until confident that no more csi content was being added (nothing added in last minute), and in the final analysis realise that multiple seasons or an entire series had been added and just post to facebook the appropriate summary.

Edited by ginjaninja

JasonNalley

Awesome...  Just so I know how it works really :) 

So, I've added my Emby link, Emby API, I've added my Integromat Webhook Link, I've added the scripter X "OnMediaItemAdded" And it looks like this:

Run C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1 using C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe
-Name "%item.name%" -ID "%item.id%" -Type "%item.type%" -Path "%item.path%" -SeriesName "%series.name%" -SeasonName "%season.name%"

However, when I run the script via taskscheduler it just says "Running" the entire time... and doesn't seem to do anything...

PenkethBoy

you need -File before the script path - leave a space

and the path needs to be in quotes

• Like 1

ginjaninja

Awesome... Just so I know how it works really :)

So, I've added my Emby link, Emby API, I've added my Integromat Webhook Link, I've added the scripter X "OnMediaItemAdded" And it looks like this:

Run C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1 using C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe-Name "%item.name%" -ID "%item.id%" -Type "%item.type%" -Path "%item.path%" -SeriesName "%series.name%" -SeasonName "%season.name%"
However, when I run the script via taskscheduler it just says "Running" the entire time... and doesn't seem to do anything...
proccessadded is the script to add to windows task scheduler.

wts is not good at refreshing ui..try f5

to begin with check logmediadds.csv has been created has some content before proccessadded runs.

i have not checked what would happen if file is not there or has no content.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

i will add some troubleshooting output to processadded.ps1 , you can then run it from pwsh.exe manually and see the troubleshooting output...

maybe the api key is wrong...integromat url etc etc..there only has to be a " or . out of place and it falls over unfortunately..

there is some troubleshooting built in to the script already which you can uncomment (remove #) if confident.

ginjaninja

my mistake the sample mediaadds.csv wont help...its got the wrong ids for your server..ignore this one i sent and create your own by eg removing and adding content.

JasonNalley

Alright, so... There's a couple of hiccups I've got going on so far...

I can run the script on its own by right clicking and run with powershell, everything runs (I trial and error'd the order of things but got some stuff to post to the facebook group, no idea what order the scripts run in at the moment).  But the more concerning matter to me is, I removed the sample data from your .csv file, and since then it has not been re-populated with results, despite it posting new data to the facebook group.  I checked after each script execution and there has never been any data added, even the timestamp has gone unchanged in Windows Explorer.

I also would like to confirm that my scripter X is setup correctly:

Run -File 'C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1' using C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe
-Name "%item.name%" -ID "%item.id%" -Type "%item.type%" -Path "%item.path%" -SeriesName "%series.name%" -SeasonName "%season.name%"

Note: I have tried with double quotations first, and now I am on to single quotations, but neither has made an impact on the result.  I still do not see the data being populated into the .csv file at all.

ginjaninja

Alright, so... There's a couple of hiccups I've got going on so far...

I can run the script on its own by right clicking and run with powershell, everything runs (I trial and error'd the order of things but got some stuff to post to the facebook group, no idea what order the scripts run in at the moment). But the more concerning matter to me is, I removed the sample data from your .csv file, and since then it has not been re-populated with results, despite it posting new data to the facebook group. I checked after each script execution and there has never been any data added, even the timestamp has gone unchanged in Windows Explorer.

I also would like to confirm that my scripter X is setup correctly:

Run -File 'C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1' using C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe-Name "%item.name%" -ID "%item.id%" -Type "%item.type%" -Path "%item.path%" -SeriesName "%series.name%" -SeasonName "%season.name%"
Note: I have tried with double quotations first, and now I am on to single quotations, but neither has made an impact on the result. I still do not see the data being populated into the .csv file at all.
have you had meaningful data (eg imdb links) posted to facebook..that would be a good milestone as then the api key and urls etc must be set correctly. if just shell data then the integromat is right but emby stuff may not be correct.

it would help to say the name of script when describing issues as there are three, rather than 'the' script.

it may be best to check each stage in order to see where its falling.

stage1 is scripterx calls logmediaadd.ps1 which adds a line to logmediaadd.csv to represent each mediaitem including the all important id,type and path.

(creating csv if it doesnt exist)

rows start life as proccessed=No at this stage.

are you seeing this csv getting created and rows added as you add media to your library?

fwiw scripterx includes the output of logmediaadd.ps1 in the emby log. theres not much output when working but if the script errored there would be some indications in the emby log.(may require debug logging enabled in emby)

once you have this bit working ..can move onto next stage.

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

just been testing integromat mobile push notifications
you get the message body and when you click it launches the link eg trakt.

use devices - add ......in integromat
and install app on mobile.

if not on facebook its an easy to get notifications

0eb63d809862abd29e254abfc7537055.jpgpost-165-0-34680300-1588791995_thumb.jpg

Edited by ginjaninja

JasonNalley

Ok, to better answer your question and re-state my statement.

I can run all 3 scripts by right clicking and "Run with Powershell".  However, when I run "LogMediaAdds.ps1" it seemingly does nothing.  I think that's the one that takes the recently added stuff in Emby, and puts it into the "LogMediaAdds.csv" right?  It seems to rely on ScripterX to provide that info, which is why I want to know if my ScripterX stuff is right, I've posted it above, twice.  That .csv has not been populated with anything since I removed your test data from it (At least there's nothing in there, and the timestamp hasn't been updated)

So my question is should it be:

-File "C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1"

or

-File 'C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1'

?  Since I am sure that makes a difference.  Also, do I need anything similar in the "Using" portion of ScripterX like -Program or anything like that?

Next:

I can then run the ProcessAdded.ps1 and it posts to facebook, and it does include Trakt and imdb links (At least it did when I ran it the first time, now it doesn't seem to want to do that).  Everything on that side seemed to be functioning the first go round.  I am uncertain how it was getting the data if that .csv file was not being updated though...

The PostAdded,ps1 runs, and it did add stuff to PostAdded.CSV.

Any ideas on the LogMedia script/csv?

Edit:  So it needs " " not ' ' I figured that out.  It seems to be working at the moment....  I am going to add some more media and get back to you... I still have to manually run "ProcessAdded.ps1" I think, but we'll see if taskscheduler will play nice... 

Edited by JasonNalley

ginjaninja

Ok, to better answer your question and re-state my statement.

I can run all 3 scripts by right clicking and "Run with Powershell". However, when I run "LogMediaAdds.ps1" it seemingly does nothing. I think that's the one that takes the recently added stuff in Emby, and puts it into the "LogMediaAdds.csv" right? It seems to rely on ScripterX to provide that info, which is why I want to know if my ScripterX stuff is right, I've posted it above, twice. That .csv has not been populated with anything since I removed your test data from it (At least there's nothing in there, and the timestamp hasn't been updated)

So my question is should it be:

-File "C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1"
or
-File 'C:\Emby Post Script\LogMediaAdds.ps1'
? Since I am sure that makes a difference. Also, do I need anything similar in the "Using" portion of ScripterX like -Program or anything like that?

Next:

I can then run the ProcessAdded.ps1 and it posts to facebook, and it does include Trakt and imdb links (At least it did when I ran it the first time, now it doesn't seem to want to do that). Everything on that side seemed to be functioning the first go round. I am uncertain how it was getting the data if that .csv file was not being updated though...

The PostAdded,ps1 runs, and it did add stuff to PostAdded.CSV.

Any ideas on the LogMedia script/csv?

just need to figure out why logmediaadds.ps1 is not working.

my config looks like screenshot

make sure you have rebooted since powershell 7 install

delete logmediaadds.csv just in case...it will be created by logmediaadds.ps1 if not there.

enable debug logging in emby and look at the emby logs after adding something...there may be a clue there.

logmediaadds has to be called from scripterx (scripterx provides its parameters)

postadds has to called from proccessadds.

postadds.csv is a log of what postadds was sent by processadds.

so the only script you can run yourself is proccessadds.

if you run it from command line (once you have a populated logmediaadds.csv) with -noexit option you can see its output. or just launch it from pwsh and i dont think it will exit.818a2716c10df364a2e74f3093b8dfca.jpg

Edited by ginjaninja