homescreen image wrong sizes

OnyxUK
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

OnyxUK

hey, sorry if someone else has already asked this but couldnt find it anywhere on forum.

on all applications i am using i have found that the home screen image is being cut off on every image and would like to ask if this can be fixed? its only a little thing but it bugs the hell out of me and dont want to changed my custom photos again just to fit the thumbnail. 

Thanks guys and sorry if its been posted already :) 

5ea62bef4e857_Untitled.png

OnyxUK

Hi, how would you like it to look?

heyy luke :) it just seems to be cutting off the image around the sides its like the image is at 110% and the thumbnail is 100% making the image partly cut off 

• Solution

The aspect ratio of that container is not a perfect 16x9 so there is going to be some cropping.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

The aspect ratio of that container is not a perfect 16x9 so there is going to be some cropping.

ahhh okay that makes sense thanks luke :) by any chance you dont know what the actual size is ? 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA

Well it's going to vary depending on screen size but it's a very wide aspect, probably closer to 20:9.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

Well it's going to vary depending on screen size but it's a very wide aspect, probably closer to 20:9.

thanks luke i will try this and hope for the best i have also had a quick look into the code and i see its set as "noscale" i changed in on the web to autoscale and also tried scale and it brought the image where it should be, is this something that emby could change? lol 

5ea65b13d23d5_1.png

5ea65b2f8aecc_2.png

5ea65b514dabb_3.png

Scaling will distort it though, and some will not like that. I guess it's something you could argue either way.

• Like 1