Guide Disappeared today

ryanfinger

ryanfinger

Running the latest/greatest of Emby Theater.  Today the guide disappeared.  Restarted several times, no change.  Guide is still showing in the webapp.  I refreshed the guide data in Emby Server, no change.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Emby Theater (removing all the config files), no change.  EPG data is clearly still there as I can see program data in the program tab.  Took a pic of the situation and well as attached them to this post.

5ea5fcbca7ce8_IMG_20200426_170531_MP.jpg

post-562437-0-96691600-1587936290_thumb.jpg

post-562437-0-81355400-1587936300_thumb.jpg

ryanfinger

So the fix for the beta version also kind of addressed my issue.  While the guide is back it certainly isn't displaying like it was earlier today or like my other Emby Theater instances running throughout my house.  I have 4 different Emby Theater installs and only 1 is having this guide issue.  The guide is missing icons and does not appear to scroll properly.

Broken Guide

5ea60c466427c_IMG_20200426_182242.jpg

Working Guide on another Emby Theater (and what this looked like earlier today).

5ea60c25d6cb3_IMG_20200426_1825091.jpg

Edited by ryanfinger

statik

Same issue.  Guide was normal this morning with favorites listed first.  This evening guide is blank unless favorites first is unchecked.  Shows are still recording.  Too many channels to use guide without favorites listed first.

Afternoon all,

Same issue here, approx 5 hours ago, ET had no issues, then the TV guide has disappeared and issues scrolling, especially through TV episodes.

Emby server Ver: 4.2.2.0

ET ver: 3.0.10

PDM

PrincessClevage

Same issue running stable server and ET versions. Guide works in web browser but not in ET 3.0.11

I think the team is mixing up their prod, uat and development streams again;-)

Edited by PrincessClevage

warrencalvert

Hi

I've selected the option in the guide to place favourite channels at the beginning.  When I do this in the web browser version it works fine.  If I do this in ET the Guide is empty - no channels are shown, I just get a blank page with dates across the top.

As soon as I disable this option, the guide returns.

I'm running ET 4.4.2.0.  Is this a bug in this version, is there anything I can do to get it to work?

thanks,

ryanfinger

The Emby Theater instance in my case that is having guide issues is 3.0.11. My other 3 instances are still running 3.0.10. I uninstalled 3.0.11 and installed 3.0.10 however that didn't fix the issue. I have since reinstalled 3.0.11. Why is only one of my Emby Theater instances having guide issues and the others are operating as normal? Is fixing this a priority given others are experiencing the same issue?

ryanfinger

I now have a 2nd Emby Theater instance also having the guide issue. It presented itself once the machine was restarted. I have two instances of Emby theater still working as I have not restarted them.

Running the latest/greatest of Emby Theater.  Today the guide disappeared.  Restarted several times, no change.  Guide is still showing in the webapp.  I refreshed the guide data in Emby Server, no change.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Emby Theater (removing all the config files), no change.  EPG data is clearly still there as I can see program data in the program tab.  Took a pic of the situation and well as attached them to this post.

5ea5fcbca7ce8_IMG_20200426_170531_MP.jpg

Same Issue.. guide no longer works.

sooty234

On first launch, I got no guide. I restarted the app, and now I have the guide, but it's clearly not correct.

5ea7906745d3a_Annotation20200427190803.j

For what it's worth, I recently dropped in electron 8.2.3, which fixed 2 or 3 other UI glitches I was having.

But the guide obviously needs fixing. Server 4.4.2.0 and also the same on beta.

warrencalvert

I'm curious about what has happened here.  My system says 4.4.2.0 was installed 3 weeks ago on 8th April but the guide only stopped working a couple of days ago.  The guide view in ET now scrolls continuously horizontally from day to day which it didnt do before (I think this is a beta feature?)

I'm pleased to see this new guide view but has an update been automatically installed without Emby reporting a new version has been installed?

Normally I'd expect to be able to track installation of new versions and roll back to previous versions if there are issues so I'm not sure how this issue occurred, if its appears to be a new feature.

thanks,

PrincessClevage

This would be a ET update not sever related. ET runs under username\appdata directory to work around auto update restrictions and ET can be auto updated at any time. In the past i have a hunch that dev, user acceptance testing and production streams some times get mixedup and stable/production stream gets dev or uat versions.

warrencalvert

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks for the update.

Guess we're waiting for an update to fix this now then.

thanks,

ryanfinger

I've got the new guide as well. I don't know the "new" guide is an improvement over the "old" guide we has a few days ago. There seems to be considerable lag in scrolling for one thing. It's also difficult to see what is highlighted. But at least it's functional again. Thx.