Too Many Errors. Moving On...

rsaxman

rsaxman

Just saw this from a Roku for the first time. I can stream the same movie to my phone with no problem. Server log attached. Any help would be appreciated.

rsaxman

I don't have access to the particular roku to send logs - its at my brothers house. Is a .txt file not acceptable?

Edited by rsaxman

Seeing the actual app log would be helpful but the ffmpeg logs from the server would be as well.  You posted the server log.  There should be ffmpeg logs generated for this playback as well (at least one and probably more).

rsaxman

Ok thanks. I just had him try it again and the server didn't post a ffmpeg log. I got a hardware detection log and a server log. The attached ffmpeg log is from last night

ffmpeg.txt

He got the exact same error and no ffmpeg logs were created?  Have you turned off transcoding on your server for him?

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\HOMETHEATER\Thriller2'

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\hometheater\Horror2'

2020-04-25 17:56:02.118 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for \\HOMETHEATER\horror2

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\HOMETHEATER\horror2'

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\HOMETHEATER\Thriller2'

Are those unplayable files within those paths above?

2020-04-25 22:24:36.439 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.119:8096/emby/videos/62504/live.m3u8?DeviceId=fc8ff308-b6e4-4d0c-b376-838e97ea50a0&MediaSourceId=f1f67a54565203e5622504031a62b341&PlaySessionId=c0f5607e3e5a428996909c5259d4ddf1&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&VideoBitrate=139808000&AudioBitrate=192000&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&ManifestSubtitles=vtt&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=52&TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported. Host=192.168.0.119:8096, User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0, Accept=*/*, Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5, Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate, Connection=keep-alive, Referer=http://192.168.0.119:8096/web/index.html
2020-04-25 22:24:36.478 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.2.0
Command line: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Lavarnway/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.3
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<MapStreams>b__2(InputStreamAudio e)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.MapStreams(EncodingJobInfo state, InputFile input, OutputFile output, Boolean allAudioStreams)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.HlsGetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state, Int32 startNumber, Boolean createSubtitleParameters, Boolean isForTv, String segmentFileExtension)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.VideoHlsService.GetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseHlsService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
TargetSite: Boolean <MapStreams>b__2(Emby.Ffmpeg.Model.Input.InputStreamAudio)

Something is odd about your OS.

Edited by speechles

rsaxman

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\hometheater\Horror2'
2020-04-25 17:56:02.118 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for \\HOMETHEATER\horror2
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found. : '\\HOMETHEATER\horror2'

No it is under \\hometheater\fantasy

No it is under \\hometheater\fantasy

Look at the error on HLS delivery above in the [ CODE ] block in my post above. There is something wonky about your system in regards to ffmpeg.

@@Luke Do you understand that error?

Edited by speechles

2020-04-25 23:16:04.398 Info DynamicHlsService: CodecValidation: The color format (yuv420p10, p010) is not supported)

2020-04-25 23:16:04.403 Info DynamicHlsService: CodecValidation: The color format (yuv420p10, p010) is not supported)

It might be this. It may be sending something to the Roku it does not like. Can you paste the media information for that Lord Of The Rings file? The media information is found on the web app on the details page for that item at the very bottom. Thanks. :)

FFmpeg logs too please from that session with that user with Lord Of The Rings. Thank you very much. Knowing both the media information and having the ffmpeg log will be enough to see what the hell is going on. Thanks again.

Edited by speechles

rsaxman

Yes the same error. no I have not turned off transcoding

2020-04-25 22:24:36.439 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.119:8096/emby/videos/62504/live.m3u8?DeviceId=fc8ff308-b6e4-4d0c-b376-838e97ea50a0&MediaSourceId=f1f67a54565203e5622504031a62b341&PlaySessionId=c0f5607e3e5a428996909c5259d4ddf1&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&VideoBitrate=139808000&AudioBitrate=192000&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&ManifestSubtitles=vtt&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=52&TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported. Host=192.168.0.119:8096, User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:75.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/75.0, Accept=*/*, Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5, Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate, Connection=keep-alive, Referer=http://192.168.0.119:8096/web/index.html
2020-04-25 22:24:36.478 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.4.2.0
Command line: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Lavarnway/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.3
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\Lavarnway\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<MapStreams>b__2(InputStreamAudio e)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate, Boolean& found)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.MapStreams(EncodingJobInfo state, InputFile input, OutputFile output, Boolean allAudioStreams)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.TranscodingCommandBuilder.HlsGetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state, Int32 startNumber, Boolean createSubtitleParameters, Boolean isForTv, String segmentFileExtension)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.VideoHlsService.GetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, StreamState state)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.BaseHlsService.ProcessRequest(StreamRequest request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
TargetSite: Boolean <MapStreams>b__2(Emby.Ffmpeg.Model.Input.InputStreamAudio)

Something is odd about your OS.

What is odd?

rsaxman

2020-04-25 23:16:04.398 Info DynamicHlsService: CodecValidation: The color format (yuv420p10, p010) is not supported)
2020-04-25 23:16:04.403 Info DynamicHlsService: CodecValidation: The color format (yuv420p10, p010) is not supported)

It might be this. It may be sending something to the Roku it does not like. Can you paste the media information for that Lord Of The Rings file? The media information is found on the web app on the details page for that item at the very bottom. Thanks. :)

FFmpeg logs too please from that session with that user with Lord Of The Rings. Thank you very much. Knowing both the media information and having the ffmpeg log will be enough to see what the hell is going on. Thanks again.

Media Info
Video
Title1080p HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfileMain 10
Level120
Resolution1920x796
Aspect Ratio480:199
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.976
Bitrate3,286 kbps
Bit Depth10 bit
Pixel Formatyuv420p10le
Reference Frames1
Audio
TitleEnglish AAC 5.1 (Default)
LanguageEnglish
CodecAAC
ProfileHE-AAC
Layout5.1
Channels6 ch
Bitrate320 kbps
Sample Rate48,000 Hz
DefaultYes
Subtitle
TitleEnglish (Default SUBRIP)
LanguageEnglish
CodecSUBRIP
DefaultYes
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
Subtitle
TitleEnglish (SUBRIP)
LanguageEnglish
CodecSUBRIP
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
Subtitle
TitleEnglish (SUBRIP)
LanguageEnglish
CodecSUBRIP
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
CodecMJPEG
ProfileProgressive
Level-99
Resolution550x815
Framerate90,000
Color Spacebt470bg
Bit Depth8 bit
Pixel Formatyuvj444p
Reference Frames1
DefaultNo
Containermkv
Path\\HOMETHEATER\New\The Return of the King\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Return.of.the.King.2003.EXTENDED.1080p.BluRay.10bit.HEVC.6CH.MkvCage.ws.mkv
Size6187MB

rsaxman

again, the strange part is that i have no problem with the same file(s) from my ios phone. I tried it both over my home wifi and lte

It won't direct play with that embedded MJPEG image. Roku HATES those (read as will never direct play if those exist). It fails and falls back to direct stream and at that point it cannot send that type of video over HLS.  So it falls back to full transcoding and something holds that up too.

--> 2020-04-25 23:16:04.403 Info DynamicHlsService: CodecValidation: The color format (yuv420p10, p010) is not supported)

It would likely direct play if you use MKVToolNix GUI to remove that MJPEG track/image.

Can we see the ffmpeg log from that session too? Thanks. :)

Edited by speechles

rsaxman

the ffmpeg log that i posted earlier is the only one at the moment. the server didn't generate on from this morning's attempt

When I open with MKVToolnix, i dont see an embedded image, just a video file

the ffmpeg log that i posted earlier is the only one at the moment. the server didn't generate on from this morning's attempt

When I open with MKVToolnix, i dont see an embedded image, just a video file

It will show in the streams. It may look like a 2nd video stream inside the one file. That is why the Roku goes WTF and cannot play 2 video streams in one file. That is exactly the problem why it tries to directstream/transcode for that file and then it falls down the rabbit hole from that point. Chasing rabbits.

If we can get it to direct play we solve the problem. Make sure you are not trying to use graphical subtitles and are using an audio codec that is supported on the device. You want external SRT to avoid the problem shown below.

TranscodeReasons=SubtitleCodecNotSupported

Also...

If the file doesn't have an AAC track you may want to create an AAC track from the DTS/AC3 and create a 2 channel stereo AAC track to go with it. Then you can select that track from within the Roku application and avoid directstream and transcoding when dealing with HEVC which is where we fall into the rabbit hole. There are issues with directstream (copying) some HEVC video streams on Roku. Both the TrueHD and DTS codec cannot be used with HLS(directstream/transcode) and can only be used in directplay.

It sounds like your system does not support DTS by the symptoms you describe. Either that or it no longer believes it has DTS support as using it when you do not have the support can cause reboots and odd behavior and hangs. To force it to understand you have DTS you should just need to reboot the Roku once the TV and your receiver are turned on. If the Roku is always on and your receiver turns on/off the Roku will lose the HDMI handshake and get stupid. A reboot should get it to detect everything properly again.

Edited by speechles

rsaxman

Thanks for the walk through. I'm still a bit new at some of the higher functions of all of this. here's a screenshot of what I see when I open the file with mkvnix5ea5d0c3abfc7_Capture.png

• 1 month later...
playloud

Wondering if this ever got resolved?  I just got the same error on Roku for my "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" mkv file.  I merged both parts together into one file.  It plays in Emby Theater, VLC....but not Roku.  

Hi.  Your issue is likely something different.

Can we please look at an example (any/all ffmpeg logs created)?

How did you "merge the parts" together?

I am guessing it wasn't MKVMerge?

The Roku requires a proper header to read the streams within the container. If anything within the header is incorrect the Roku may/can/will refuse to play the item.

As stated above the ffmpeg log would possibly show where this is a problem. But I am guessing there is no ffmpeg file created as there is no transcoding required. The Roku can direct play the MKV and the incorrect header is causing your issue.

If you use MKVToolNix GUI (which is also on the same site linked above) you can also verify and correct the MKV header. I am guessing these merged files of yours are contained within MKV. Hopefully this is correct.

Note: Those other video players can read the bitstream within the container and can correct header mistakes and incorrect extensions and etc. The Roku is not as versatile. The extension MUST be correct to work on Roku. The header MUST be correct to work on Roku. All files must then pass though what Roku calls "Format Detection". Once this format detection routine runs it allows us to start playback of the item. We do not control this format detection routine. We can only read after the fact what the format detection routine has detected and then play according to what was detected.

Edited by speechles

• 6 months later...
KrakaClue
On 5/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, playloud said:

Wondering if this ever got resolved?  I just got the same error on Roku for my "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King" mkv file.  I merged both parts together into one file.  It plays in Emby Theater, VLC....but not Roku.  

Hi everyone, I had the same problem now that I'm trying to play my rip version of the Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the ring Bluray. The Blurays 1 and 2 have been merged using MKVToolNix GUI. The error is only present on a Roku streaming stick, no problem on MacOS nor on PC. The playback error says "Too Many Errors. Moving On..."

I sent a log file from the Roku Emby Application (v 4.0.12 beta channel):

• File name: "The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) - 4k"
  • UTC-5: "5:05PM Saturday, December 12, 2020"
  • Local User name: "Test"
Edited by KrakaClue

1 hour ago, KrakaClue said:

Hi everyone, I had the same problem now that I'm trying to play my rip version of the Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the ring Bluray. The Blurays 1 and 2 have been merged using MKVToolNix GUI. The error is only present on a Roku streaming stick, no problem on MacOS nor on PC. The playback error says "Too Many Errors. Moving On..."

I sent a log file from the Roku Emby Application (v 4.0.12 beta channel):

• File name: "The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) - 4k"
  • UTC-5: "5:05PM Saturday, December 12, 2020"
  • Local User name: "Test"

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log as well? Thanks.