Simultaneous Streams vs. Different User Accounts

sundevil67

sundevil67

I have 2 family members on opposite sides of the country who are streaming media from my Emby Server with the same account. I decided it would just make things easier, as both are about as technologically disabled as one can get, and the most basic operation or malfunction could turn into an evening of tech support I'd prefer to prevent. One of his go-to solutions when he can't figure out how to navigate the menus system is to get up & pull out the power cord!

Is there any discernible difference between allowing 2 simultaneous streams vs. forcing them to use a separate account, limiting each to a single stream?

No, the main advantage would be if you wanted different user permissions or library access for them, then you'd want to do two separate users.

Hi.  I would suggest not doing this because I think it will cause a lot more confusion for them.  All of the user-based features will be confusing like latest unwatched, next up etc. as they will be reacting to each other watching content so appear "random" to them.

Once they've logged in the first time, all our apps will remember by default so this shouldn't be much of a hurdle.

Just my suggestion.  Thanks.