diggityDawg

diggityDawg

In the new player UI the end of the timeline shows the the time I started watching the video, not the time left in the video, like the old player.  Is there a way to determine time left in a video in the new player?  As far as I can tell, I get the time elapsed on the left, the actual time (i.e. 7:40) of day I started the video, but not an estimated end time (as is shown in some screenshots) or time left in the video.  That would be really helpful, as we use that all the time.

Another odd thing - I'm watching mostly standard mkv files, but so far none of them saves the spot at which I stop a video.  Resume never shows as an option after I stop playing a video, and if I play again after I've stopped, it starts at the very beginning again.  Am I missing something?

I'm using this on a Windows 7 system, if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

Eddie

The time on the right should be the time of day the video will end (which is what you really want to know when you're looking for remaining time, no?)

However, it sounds to me like you have some basic media info issues.  Sounds like we don't know how long your videos are.  If you look in the web client under media info, what is shown there?  Does MBC show proper run times in the detail screens?  Are the end times that show up on detail screens correct?

diggityDawg

I'm getting nothing at all in the UI when I click the Media Info button.  I do get a javascript error:

GET http://192.168.2.2:8096/mediabrowser/Items/605ef11c2a45cd9487d8cc057aa1622b/Images/Primary?height=400&width=&tag=bb09745cab6a44c2fde48840bcc35a85&quality=90 500 (Internal Server Error) 

Looks like the error is in all.js, but hard to tell where since it's minified.  I tried this on several different movies, all of which are new this week, so these aren't videos that have been in the collection for a while...  Any ideas?  

Thanks!!

Okay, you've got a problem that is much more basic than the symptom you're seeing.  I'm moving this to the server forum and we'll need a server log that contains that error.

diggityDawg

Okay, you've got a problem that is much more basic than the symptom you're seeing.  I'm moving this to the server forum and we'll need a server log that contains that error.

Well, not sure I can find that exact error.  I've scanned the server log and I see this error sequence:

2014-07-06 11:43:53.3622 Error - Trakt: Event details incomplete. Cannot process current media
2014-07-06 11:44:06.4690 Warn - App: PlaybackStopped reported with null media info.
2014-07-06 11:44:06.4690 Error - Trakt: Could not match trakt user
2014-07-06 11:44:07.7700 Error - ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context
2014-07-06 11:44:22.6169 Info - Trakt: Playback Started
2014-07-06 11:44:22.6169 Info - Trakt: Could not match user with any stored credentials
2014-07-06 11:44:27.1841 Error - Trakt: Event details incomplete. Cannot process current media

This error, in particular, shows up quite often:

Error - Trakt: Event details incomplete. Cannot process current media

I'm also seeing a lot of these errors:

Error - App: Error in Xbmc nfo

Not sure if these are at all related to the media info issue.  I've double-checked and my login credentials for Trakt is correct.  When I browse through the collections in the web browser and view the log file, I get a lot of CoverArt errors like this:

2014-07-06 13:03:42.0333 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: aspect_240
2014-07-06 13:03:42.0333 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: codec_wmapro
2014-07-06 13:03:42.0333 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: aspect_240
2014-07-06 13:03:42.1003 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: codec_mpeg4
2014-07-06 13:03:42.1003 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: codec_mp3
2014-07-06 13:03:42.1748 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: aspect_240
2014-07-06 13:03:42.3124 Warn - CoverArt: CoverArt - Undefined overlay type: aspect_240

Also this sequence seems to pop up over and over:

2014-07-06 13:03:42.5324 Error - ImageProcessor: Error enhancing image
2014-07-06 13:03:43.0124 Info - ImageProcessor: Failed to read image header for \\HDA\Movies\Documentaries\We Steal Secrets The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)\poster.jpg. Doing it the slow way.
2014-07-06 13:03:43.0124 Error - App: Failed to determine primary image aspect ratio for \\HDA\Movies\Documentaries\We Steal Secrets The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)\poster.jpg
2014-07-06 13:03:43.0244 Info - ImageProcessor: Failed to read image header for \\HDA\Movies\Comedy\Weird Science (1985)\poster.jpg. Doing it the slow way.
2014-07-06 13:03:43.0244 Error - App: Failed to determine primary image aspect ratio for \\HDA\Movies\Comedy\Weird Science (1985)\poster.jpg
2014-07-06 13:03:43.1654 Error - ImageProcessor: Error enhancing image
2014-07-06 13:03:43.1654 Info - ImageProcessor: Failed to read image header for \\HDA\Movies\Documentaries\We Steal Secrets The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)\poster.jpg. Doing it the slow way.

Not sure if any of this helps.  I don't see anything that would be an obvious issue causing this.  I do think you're assumption that the media info for these files is just not getting read and stored, for some reason.  I see it on most of the older files I have, but not the newer ones...

Thanks again!

Go into the metadata editor for one of the items that has no media info and refresh it.  If that brings in the media info then do this for all the ones that don't have it and you should be fine.

If that doesn't bring in the media info, attach the entire server log to a post here.

diggityDawg

Go into the metadata editor for one of the items that has no media info and refresh it.  If that brings in the media info then do this for all the ones that don't have it and you should be fine.

If that doesn't bring in the media info, attach the entire server log to a post here.

Ok, seemed to work on one movie, but then every one I tried after that it failed to refresh the data.  Images came in, but no data, even if I manually enter the IMDB ID.  There were three log files for today, so I zipped them up and will attach them here.

Thanks again for your help!

mblogs.zip

I could spend hours looking through all of the lines in those log files trying to find when you did the refresh.

Please shut down the server, then restart it, then go refresh one item that doesn't work and grab just that one log.  Thanks.

diggityDawg

Right, sorry.  I did exactly what you asked - I stopped the server then started it back up, tried to refresh the metadata on one of the movies, and here's the log file.  Thanks

mblog.zip

One last request - what was the name of the item in question?

I don't see any errors trying to gather media info.  However, I see lots of errors trying to read your nfo files.  Looks like several invalid ones or ones we don't know how to deal with.  NFOs need to actually be valid xml files.

diggityDawg

I believe the movie was Ida (2013).  

Yeah, I didn't see any errors specific to the movie in the log either, but I went through the process exactly as you asked, so I thought maybe I just missed that line in the log.  I can try again if you think it would help.

Not sure what's up with the NFO files - I obviously don't generate those myself, they are created dynamically, I believe...?  Although I don't know at what stage they are generated, or which app actually creates those (i.e. Couch Potato, SABNzbd, etc.)??  So if, by chance, it's the NFO files causing the issue, what would be the process to fix that?  Could I just delete the NFO file in the movie folder, and it would regenerate it when I refresh the metadata?

Try deleting the nfo file.  It must be created by something other than us as it is invalid for what we are expecting.

diggityDawg

Ok, will try that tonight when I get home from work.  I'll let you know if that fixes it.  Thanks again.

diggityDawg

Yep, that was it.  As soon as I delete the nfo file it refreshes the metadata just fine.  Now I'll have to try and figure out which app I need to tell to delete those extra files...  Thanks!