Problema Scraper TMDB - TMBD Issue

RVS

Salve a tutti.

Ho installato Emby Server (v. 4.4.2.0) sul mio Synology DS1815+.

Sono in fase di testing per capire (devo essere sincero) se scegliere tra Emby e Plex, e di conseguenza acquistare il lifetime pass dell'uno o dell'altro.

Per il momento l'ago della bilancia pende a favore di Emby.

Mi piace molto la GUI e lo vedo più ricco di possibili configurazioni rispetto a Plex.

Fatte queste doverose premesse, vengo al dunque.

Una volta impostate correttamente le librerie, se Plex associa i metadati quasi il 95% dei film della mia libreria (il restante 5% necessita di intervento manuale), Emby non mi va oltre il 50-60% (anche qui il resto è intervento manuale). Fin qui nulla di grave.

Come scraper principale di Emby, ho impostato The Movie Database.

Il problema lo rinvengo, invece, per alcuni titoli che non sono ancora "metadatizzati" su TMDB.

Dunque, mi loggo su TMDB, cerco il film che mi interessa e aggiungo poster, landscape ecc.

Plex provvede immediatamente ad aggiornare i nuovi metadati e visualizzare le nuove copertine.

Con Emby non c'è verso.

Un esempio è il film "Il Ras del quartiere" (TMDB id.: 73755). Ieri mattina creo la libreria sul mio emby server contenente questo film. Lo scanning automatico mi identifica il film ma me lo restituisce privo di "poster". Mi sono loggato su TMDB e ho aggiunto due copertine. Vado in Emby server, seleziono il film e lancio l'aggiornamento dei metadati ma nulla.

Di contro ho aperto Plex, ho lanciato l'aggiornamento dei metadati, e ha rilevato le due copertine che erano state da me aggiunte.

Hello everyone.
I've installed Emby Server (v. 4.4.2.0) on my Synology DS1815 +.
I am in the testing phase to understand (I must be honest) whether to choose between Emby and Plex, and consequently purchase the lifetime pass of one or the other.
For now, the balance needle hangs in Emby's favor.
I really like the GUI and I think that Emby has a ton of configurations rather than Plex.
Without these necessary premises, I come to the point.

Once the libraries have been correctly set, if Plex associates metadata with almost 95% of the films in my library (the remaining 5% needs manual intervention), Emby does not go beyond 50-60% (here too the rest is manual intervention). So far nothing serious.
As the main Emby scraper, I set up The Movie Database.

The problem I find, however, for some titles that have not yet metadata on TMDB.
So, I log in on TMDB, look for the film that interests me and add posters, landscapes etc.

Plex immediately updates the new metadata and displays the new covers.
With Emby there is no way.

An example is the film "Il Ras del Quartiere" (TMDB id.: 73755). Yesterday morning I create the library on my emby server containing this film. Automatic scanning identifies the film but returns it to me without a "poster". I logged into TMDB and added two covers. I go to the Emby server, select the film and launch the metadata update but nothing.

On the other hand, I opened Plex, launched the update of the metadata, and found the two covers that had been added by me.

@@RVS did you set the language of the poster when you uploaded it to Tmdb? And did you configure your preferred image language for your library?

Yes of course.

And I answer to myself.

After modifying the tmdb page, I have to refresh the metadatas on emby one or two days later. Only in this case I can update metadatas.

• 3 weeks later...
st4nny

Ciao, confermo l'analisi fatta da RVS, lo scraping e il riconoscimento dei nomi non funziona molto bene.

Spesso fallisce e bisogna agire manualmente.

Ora sono incappato in questa situazione che non riesco a risolvere (allego screeenshot Istantanea_2020-05-16_22-17-33.png)

La cartella Serie TV è divisa sul mio disco in Concluse e In Onda, la cartella "Concluse"

è stata riconosciuta come una serie tv e le sottocartelle come stagioni di SMOKING GUN :D .. molto strano e non so come risolvere. La cartella in onda invece è stata letta correttamente.

Allego un altro screenshot (Istantanea_2020-05-16_22-30-53.png) di nomi (cartoni Disney) .. nessuno di questi titoli è stato riconosciuto correttamente da tmdb... Molto strano!

Grazie per il lavoro che fate, anche le prestazioni sarebbero un pochino da migliorare.

Io uso un synology ds216+II con 8gb ram e l'interfaccia lagga.

Per il resto è ottimo e permette al nas di mandare in sopsensione i dischi a differenza di plex.

Potrei acquistare pacchetto premiere.. per ora sono in test.

Hi, I confirm the analysis done by RVS, the scraper and name recognition not working very well.
Often it fails and i have to fix manually.
Now I have this question that I can't solve (I attach screeenshot Istantanea_2020-05-16_22-17-33.png)

The TV Series folder is divided on my hd into two subfolder "Finished" and "On Show", the "Finished" folder (Concluse)

has been recognized as a tv series (SMOKING GUN) and subfolders (containing the real series) as seasons of SMOKING GUN: D .. 
very strange and I don't know how to solve. The folder "on air" instead was read correctly.

I attach another screenshot (Istantanea_2020-05-16_22-30-53.png) of names (Disney cartoons) .. 
nothing of these titles has been correctly recognized by tmdb ... Very strange!

Thanks for your works, the performance would be a little better.
I use a synology ds216+II with 8gb ram and the interface have some lag.
Other functions is excellent and emby allows to suspend hdd of nas (most important for me), plex not permit.

I could buy premiere pack .. for now I'm in testing.

post-653354-0-40026100-1589661311_thumb.png

post-653354-0-99582300-1589661326_thumb.png

Edited by st4nny

• 1 month later...