Embuary Skin: On Screen Display for Subtitles

idhToronto

idhToronto

Hi

I switched over to the Embuary skin and EmbyCon add-on in Kodi today and when I watch a video with subtitles the subtitles are not loading.

How do I bring up the OSD (see attached screenshot)  during playback to make sure Subtitles are turned on. I have tried every button on my remote and not one brings up the OSD and mouse control is not available.

Thanks 

Ian

post-135848-0-85134300-1587731518_thumb.png

Edited by idhToronto

jachin99

You might have to edit your keymap file to toggle subtitles.  This experience varies greatly depending on what remote you are using but here is some info in the kodi wiki to get you started.  

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keymaps

https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap

It looks like the ShowSubtitles action will do the trick.  If you need more help then let me know which exact remote your using.  

idhToronto

Thanks so much for this. I have standard MCE Remote (See Attached Photo) and have tried to map the Teletext button to ShowSubtitles however I don't think I have it done right.Would you let me know what the entry should look like in the remote.xml file for the command.

Is there an action that would actually bring up the entrie on screen display as sometimes there are more than one set of ENglish subtitles (defautl/ forced) and I would like to be able to select from the subtitle list.

If this cannot be done I may just go back to the Estuary skin and back to mouse support

I thought that there was a setting to auto load subtitles however I cannot seem to find that in Embuary skin

Thanks 

Ian

post-135848-0-88078300-1587746990_thumb.jpg

Edited by idhToronto

jachin99

I copied and pasted this from the kodi wiki ShowSubtitles  Also, you could try osdsubtitlesettings 

Looking at that list again it looks like OSD should show you the OSD but I'm not sure exactly which window in embuary is used to toggle subtitles.  Info might also work depending on how that skin works.  You could also try osdvideosettings or osdaudiosettings  .  osdsubtitlesettings looks like your best bet though.  It really depends on how you prefer to use your remote with the skin.  I would try osdsubtitlesettings .  If kodi isn't recoginizing your button presses for some reason then you could also try using showkey.exe from sourceforge to identify the name of the teletext keys that should be used in Kodi.  The name showkeys gives you won't always work, and they didnt work for me but try the above and see if it works.  I have spend A TON of time tinkering around with how Kodi, and other programs handle remote controls so we should be able to find a solution. 

idhToronto

Thanks - I will try this another time. For now i have switched back to Estuary skin as subtitles are easily accessible .