Panasonic TV lists only 20 episodes

bcsabesz

bcsabesz

Hi,

I have a very odd problem. When I browse TV shows folder on Emby server via TV, it lists only 20 episodes. For example: Masha and the Bear has 3 seasons, each season has 26 episodes. If I browse a season through TV i can only scroll to 20th episode. In the bottom right corner the TV displays that there are 26 episodes, and I see that the scroll bar does not hit the bottom, but scrolling is not possible further. This applies all the TV shows which has more than 20 episodes in a season. When I browse Movies and Music folders, there is no problem to list more than 20 files. If I play the 20th episode and when it ends, playback jumps to episode 8 and not 21. When I start an episode in Emby for Android app using the "play on" option choosing the TV, the problem does not exist.

I created a custom profile for my Panasonic TV, because the deafult one did not worked correctly, now playback works great. I put all the formats to direct play, no transcoding.
Emby server runs on Synology NAS DS218, server version is 4.4.2.0. My TV is Panasonic TX-L47ET50E.

Log file attached.

Please help solving this issue.

embyserver.txt

Edited by bcsabesz

bcsabesz

Hi,

I do no remember if it worked at the beginning, but I deleted the custom profile, tried with the deafult one and the problem still exist.

Attaching the log with the deafult profile.

embyserver (1).txt

bcsabesz

Hi,

it applies to all shows. I have set up the following libraries: TV Shows (Sorozatok), Mixed content (Anime), Movies (Filmek), Music (Zene), Home videos & photos(...).
This issue applies to all the shows in the folder "Sorozatok" (library type is TV Shows) and the folder "Anime" (library type is Mixed content). The others are fine. For example, in the folder "Zene" (library type is Music) there are albums with more than 20 songs and I can list and play them without any problem. This is also true for library type Photos, i can list photo albums fine with more than 20 pictures.

It seems that the library types Tv Shows and Mixed content are affected, others are good.

Ok thanks for the info. I don't have a pansonic for testing but i'll try to chase down why this might be happening.

• 2 weeks later...
dkes

Hi,

I can confirm the issue above. TV: Panasonic TX-P50GT60 ; Emby Server (ver. 4.4.2.0. but this issue appeared originally and constantly) on Synology DS218+ .

Only 'TV Shows' type of media is affected. If I browse DLNA folders with my TV then I can see only the first 20 pieces of episodes. All series are affected where there are more than 20 episodes. Other experiments:

In case of all other DLNA servers I can see all episodes of the same series (from same folders) with my Panasonic TV - e.g. Synology Media Server, BubbleUPnP Server etc. Only Emby Server is affected regarding this issue.

In case of all other DLNA devices (e.g. BubbleUPnP Android Client etc.) I can see and play all episodes of the same series when I browse Emby Server DLNA folders.

I'd like share another issue too. If I try to use Emby Web App or Windows client 'Search for different devices' function then my TV is not listed at all. This TV supports DMR, DMP and DMS (DMS is not so interesting now) DLNA profiles. All DLNA devices (e.g. Synology Media Server, Video Station, BubbleUPnP Server, Windows 10, BubbleUPnP Android Client etc. etc.) can recognize and handle this TV properly. If I browse Emby Server DLNA folders then I can see and play almost everything (except the above mentioned 'TV Shows' related bug).

Other interesting bug is related to my Pioneer N-50A device. It is an only audio player and supports DMR and DMP DLNA profiles and can be remote controlled by other DLNA devices. I can see this device with Emby Web App or Windows Emby client 'Search for different devices' function BUT with inproper DLNA device media format profile (profiles generally can be: Audio, Image, and AV - this device supports only: Audio). I can see a "screen" icon (which determines that the device is AV capable device) in Emby apps for this device. I can also remote it with Emby apps as video player or simply send a video stream to it (and it fails of course). In my opinion Emby should recognize this device as only audio player/renderer and should be handled based on it (similar to Windows10 in screenshot below). All other my DLNA devices and programs can handle this audio player properly as "only audio player/renderer".

5eb738387d7d1_Emby_DLNA.jpg

Thank You very much.

Best regards,

dkes

• 2 weeks later...

Other interesting bug is related to my Pioneer N-50A device. It is an only audio player and supports DMR and DMP DLNA profiles and can be remote controlled by other DLNA devices.

Regarding the icon, we're just using one single generic icon for all Dlna devices.

As far as the 20 limit goes, it sounds like we may have an issue with certain older devices. We'll see if we can chase it down. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, Luke said:

As far as the 20 limit goes, it sounds like we may have an issue with certain older devices. We'll see if we can chase it down. Thanks.

I'd like to interesting that are there any news regarding this question? As I mentioned originally I have several DLNA server applications both in my NAS and Windows PC. My TV can handle properly series with more than 20 episodes in one year of series - except Emby.

Thank You!

• 4 months later...
ChiefSwiftNick

This happens on a Panasonic TX-58DX900B too which is a 4k model from 2016
If you need any logs or would like me to test anything please let me know. 

5 minutes ago, ChiefSwiftNick said:

This happens on a Panasonic TX-58DX900B too which is a 4k model from 2016
If you need any logs or would like me to test anything please let me know. 

Yes please, thanks.