Music Android Playback Problems

Maisy

Maisy

I was listening to music in ET on my PC, wanted to switch to my bluetooth earbuds using my Android phone.

First problem was picking up my music, not possible. Had to stop my PC because I can play on both devices with no problems (unlike Spotify, which is what I am used to.)

So I re-started my album on my phone, connected via wi-fi to the server. My music kept stopping as I was walking around, holding the phone, and always in wi-fi territory. Several seconds of nothing, then it would start the music exactly where it stopped. It happened on nearly every song.

So next problem: Downloading, three songs failed to download.

Checking settings I changed from Internal to External SD card for downloads. The whole album downloaded except for one of the previous songs that had failed, it said ready for transfer. 

Playing the song on Android wasn't possible, it wouldn't play in the regular area of music, and wouldn't download.

On PC I could listen to the song where it is in my storage, I can listen in ET and Emby Web as well. So then I see my scrobbling to last.fm was in the future as well. All my devices have the correct time, so I don't know why that happened.

Bottom line, I can't use Emby for Music on my Phone with all this rigmarole.

So I copied my album from the folder on my PC to where I keep LOCAL files in Spotify, made a playlist of that album in Spotify there, then on my phone went in Spotify app, opened that playlist and hit download, and every song downloaded and played, including the one Emby wouldn't download or play.

For Movies and Videos TV etc. Emby is G-R-E-A-T. Music, not yet. :(