Migrating series recording data

furrealz443

furrealz443

Hi all, just migrated my MacOS server from a real old Mac Pro to a less old Mac Pro...the plugin worked great, and almost everything migrated perfectly.  Only thing I don't see is the series recordings that I had created.  How can I get those moved over to the new server?  I have a Time Machine backup of the old one so I can grab any files I need to overwrite.  Thanks for your help!

sfatula

Did you follow this:?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

Note backup does not transfer over content. Be sure and read the whole way through it. If you are speaking of the series timers, they are not migrated. 

See: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71236-restore-from-backup-missing-live-tv-series-and-favorites/

• Like 1

furrealz443

Thanks, Steve!  I followed link 1 to do the backup/restore, but did not see link 2 until now.

No problem, I will go through and re-establish the series recording I was doing.  A small price to pay for such a clean migration.

Thanks again!

sfatula

Yeah, I had the same problem when I migrated machines last year. I also expected backup to carry those forward. The key part is to make note of what they all were so you can be sure to create them all again, where possible.

I know technically it doesn't say it carries forward series timers. But, when you list what it does carry across, hard to think of all the things it doesn't say. I wish they added a list of all things not handled by the backup plugin in that article. 

@@Luke, can you add a note in the knowledge base that states those timers are not handled (until they are)?

Edited by sfatula
  • Like 1