FR - Server + Clients: AudioBook Media Type.

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

There needs to be an AudioBook media type. This is currently a gap and having audiobooks listed as Music doesn't work. AudioBooks need to be able to play in track order and separate from other audio or even the books addon. They need their own resume points as well. Metadata is secondary to proper playback.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
hedgehogg

Gotta add this if not to listen to Having the ability to read the Bio on the Auther and the Synopsis of the the story / series I can't find a decent AB Database proggy out there

• 1 month later...
Dodgy Bob

+1

EDIT1: Also see MBS request here back in May  ;)

EDIT2: Actually, after I kept on reading through the search results, seems as though this has been requested already, on multiple occasions! Oops, my bad. Righto, nothing to see here folks, move along :o 

Edited by Dodgy Bob

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

@@Cerothen

@@Vidman

@@Beardyname

@@Koleckai Silvestri

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !

• Like 1

Beardyname

It's not showing up for me?

Maybe because I'm missing the emby bookshelf plugin, but i can't find it in the plugin catalog

Luke took the plugin away because it's not required anymore. Just add a folder of Audio Books to your library and set it to Books. Emby will pick them up, but if they are in multiple part files it will not yet combine them into "one book". You will see the individual files listed. Need to be on Dev or Beta too I think. Hopefully Luke will come up wit a way to show multiple files as one book and get some metadata download or import happening soon.

5851ce07123cd_AudioBooks.jpg

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Will try to set something up to test once it is available. Had given up on this feature and using other software though.

shorty1483

All my Audiobooks are in one mp3 file with the following folder structure:

Audiobooks

-Author

--Book

---Book.mp3

Atm there is to much klicking and fiddling for me. This would be my expected behaviour:

When entering Author entry I would espect to see the Audiobooks from him. When I click one one book I would expect to get into the details screen like with music. But now, I need to click one time more to get to details because Emby also lists the mp3 itself as a library page. 

Also the Infos are doubled:

58541ef1f1c7a_Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by shorty1483

shorty1483

1. When I press on the Play button first time, it gets bigger and the screen goes darker, but the audio does not start. I have to press it again to let audio start.

5854438642fc9_Unbenannt.jpg

2. When I stop an audiobook somewhere in the middle or beginning, it gets marked as watched and I did not find a solution to unmark it until now because there is no watched marker.

3. Referring to point 2.), there is no progress bar indicating that the particular audiobook is in progress.

shorty1483

Thanks for the info, although in my testing i have no problem resuming. 

Curious if noone else could contribute his own test results when fiddling around with this. It's a little quite here for a feature requested so often in the past.

Hi shorty1483, I just ran a test of this on latest Dev/Win10 server. All is ok here... I chose "Resume from 16:02" and it worked exactly as expected.  cheers

58590c96a2018_ResumeAudioBook.jpg

shorty1483

Hi shorty1483, I just ran a test of this on latest Dev/Win10 server. All is ok here... I chose "Resume from 16:02" and it worked exactly as expected.  cheers

Yes, but this also appears here when no resume point is there (e.g. play from beginning).I would expect to directly start playback when play a audiobook from beginning.

@@Luke Is it possible

1. to get the audiobooks under the resume section in homepage?

2. to get nfo support for audiobooks?

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

shorty1483

And what I meant with unnecessary views in my further post. 

When I click on the audiobook in the library I first get this (the view with all the files from one audiobook, in my case it's just one file because it's one mp3 and not multiple parts) :

585aa0f61712e_Unbenannt2.jpg

When I click on the file I get into the detail screen of it the start playing it. Can it be achieved that the picture above does not appear and instead that all mp3 files from an audiobook are shown in a way like with music albums?

But with a little work, the audiobook section looks really nice until now. :D

585aa16117424_Unbenannt.jpg