Movie plays the secondary (not default) commentary track in the Roku app, but works perfectly great as intended in all other apps.

ZiggyDubz

ZiggyDubz

I ripped one of my movies and it has the main audio track as default, with a commentary track as the secondary. In all apps this works fine along with all of my other movies, but when I play this ONE movie in the Roku app, the commentary track plays even though all settings show that the main normal audio track is set to default. It's even checkmarked on screen while the movie is playing. I'll switch it to the commentary track and nothing happens except the checkmark moves. Then I'll switch it back to the main audio track and the checkmark moves but the audio is still the same.

Why does this only happen in the Roku app and not in the other apps? Even playing in VLC and PotPlayer the movie works as intended. Thanks.

post-118795-0-62574800-1587406651_thumb.jpg

post-118795-0-41792800-1587406657_thumb.jpg

post-118795-0-26938600-1587406663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skvli

Hi.  Some Roku devices don't support secondary audio.  What model of Roku is this?

Are any of those audio tracks marked as "default"?

Roku has inherited this issue where any tracks marked as default will be assumed the defacto and played. Not sure if Roku will fix this but presently there is not anything we can do about it. It has to be changed in the header of the file.

Read the thread below:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83050-playback-fails-with-specific-files/?p=873750

It will explain the issue with the "forced" flag as well as the "default" flag. Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

Hi.  Some Roku devices don't support secondary audio.  What model of Roku is this?

We do account for that in the capabilities and make a very educated guess by model number which do or do not support secondary audio. But knowing what model number it is will tell us for sure. ;)

I bet it is the "forced" and "default" flag issue though.

Edited by speechles

Yeah, I've seen some files with BOTH audio tracks marked default.  That may be the problem here.

ZiggyDubz

I added pics to the main post above. The 7.1 track is the default and the normal movie audio. The AAC track is the commentary which plays no matter what. Again this is ONLY on the roku, and every other emby app including non emby apps play the movie perfectly fine. I've never run into this. So weird.

This is a TCL 5 series TV with built in Roku. I have been able to switch through multiple audio tracks with other movies no problem.  Hope that helps. Thanks.

Edited by Skvli

This is a TCL 5 series TV with built in Roku. I have been able to switch through multiple audio tracks with other movies no problem.  Hope that helps. Thanks.

When you play an item what does it list under playback info for model?

TCL TV ____?

Also, no Roku model supports TrueHD. Even if this were output it would come to you as AAC. The stats for nerds will confirm what is happening.

Can you show us a picture of those?

Edited by speechles

ZiggyDubz

Can we look at an example video?

Sure, here you go. I took a video of the issue on the TV and then another of it working as intended in potplayer. I can do another one of emby in the browser or emby theater if you want, let me know. Thanks.

(If Google isn't done processing yet, you can download to view.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d2a8KD7iEEaQMvrp9

Edited by Skvli

ZiggyDubz

Do I need to play the movie again to have it fresh? Where would I find this info?

Are you asking for media info? I could provide that as well.

Edited by Skvli

Before going too much further, please update your Roku app (a new version was just released) and see if you still have the problem.  If so, please provide the logs.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

ZiggyDubz

Before going too much further, please update your Roku app (a new version was just released) and see if you still have the problem.  If so, please provide the logs.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

Alright, so I updated the Emby app and the sound plays properly. I can even switch it to the commentary track and it does indeed switch to the commentary track. However, when I tried to switch back to the main audio track, the audio wouldn't switch back.

I exited play back, and then restarted playback with the sound set to the default again, and it then played the default audio again properly. So, for all intents and purposes, this is solved, as I likely won't need to switch back and forth multiple times during one watch, but just wanted to keep you updated as to that little remaining glitch.

Thanks for all your help. Am I really that lucky to have had a new Emby Roku app released today, or did you have something to do with that? Lol. Regardless, thank you.

You're just lucky ;).  Thanks for reporting back and we'll look at the switching situation.

• 4 weeks later...
fraenhawk

Are any of those audio tracks marked as "default"?

Roku has inherited this issue where any tracks marked as default will be assumed the defacto and played. Not sure if Roku will fix this but presently there is not anything we can do about it. It has to be changed in the header of the file.

Read the thread below:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/83050-playback-fails-with-specific-files/?p=873750

It will explain the issue with the "forced" flag as well as the "default" flag. Thanks. ;)

Thanks for the tip. I just ran into this problem for the first time yesterday, so I had to remux all my anime movies to not have the JPN audio track as default and that fixed it!