System users integration

slavd

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to implement a new feature for Emby server to use existing system users for authentication to the server (similar idea to a RADIUS server).  For example I am a Synology user and it would be much neater if I can control the user access to Emby from the Synology control panel (for example based on who has access to the Emby app, if the user is active etc.). Access to individual libraries can be determined if a user has access to a given folder or maybe even keep the current server configuration, but be able to assign default libraries visible for all users of a given user group  or something like that. Basically have the same functionality as the Synology Video Station app.

Why is this feature needed:

Currently when I am adding a new user to the system I need to manually go into the Emby server settings and create a user with the same name, give him access to specific libraries and so on. It would be much easier if i can just create a user of a given user group and that user is automatically added to the Emby users and has access to specific Emby libraries.

Well to be honest, I don't know, but it should work with anything that supports the LDAP protocol.

the-dumb1

Probably not. Synology accounts are just local to Synology. You'd need to set up a LDAP server and point everything, including Synology, to that LDAP server. You'd use the LDAP server for user management and authentication for all your network services, Synology and Emby included.