Emby For 10.12.6

YM00058

YM00058

Hi, 

I tried to install Emby media server on my Macbook Pro (Sierra 10.12.6) but the installer is telling me that my OS is too old. Is it possible to access older versions of Emby so I can run it on my Macbook? If so what version is best for my OS and where can I access the previous versions of Emby? Thanks.

• 9 months later...
roderickv

Hi I have the same problem. Some of my Samsung TVs auto updated to the newest Emby applications now they won't connect to the server because they say the server software is too old. But I can't install the latest version of Emby server on my Mac Pro (using as a media server) because it is at end of life and the OS can't be updated. I am running ver. 4.1.1.0 and I would like to try a more recent version of Emby server to see it that will work but I can't find any older versions of Emby Server anywhere online. Is there a repository of older Emby Server for Mac anywhere?

Thanks,

Edited by roderickv

On 1/28/2021 at 5:22 PM, roderickv said:

Hi I have the same problem. Some of my Samsung TVs auto updated to the newest Emby applications now they won't connect to the server because they say the server software is too old. But I can't install the latest version of Emby server on my Mac Pro (using as a media server) because it is at end of life and the OS can't be updated. I am running ver. 4.1.1.0 and I would like to try a more recent version of Emby server to see it that will work but I can't find any older versions of Emby Server anywhere online. Is there a repository of older Emby Server for Mac anywhere?

Thanks,

Hi, are you stuck on 10.12 as well?

• 1 year later...
SUlibarri

Is there a version for MacOS 10.12 available? Many have hardware not capable of 10.13 or greater.