Recording padding not working

arrbee99

arrbee99

As above really. I decided on an extremely rare attempt at recording, using Emby and NextPVR v5/plugin. I set it to record in Emby and tried to change the padding via settings. It didn't work. You change and press Save, except there isn't a Save button, go out and come back and the padding is back to default, and the end of the program is chopped off. Also tried via Series Settings, I change it and press Save, except... go out and come back and they're back to default.

Nothing changed in the defaults when looking in the NextPVR web app, though not sure if it should.

Latest beta for Emby in Windows.

SHSPVR

That just one min thing why the plug-in is not most ideal way to go your better off with m3u tuner setup with NextPVR that way you have more control 

emveepee

Sub doesn't like save buttons so these values get automatically save.  The values are read into Emby at startup though so if you change them you would need to restart  Emby.

I have no idea what @@SHSPVR is talking about these settings come from NextPVR not Emby.  In any case he prefer to use the m3u approach and that is fine,  because he also doesn't like Kodi or any of the advantages of the plugin.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

arrbee99

That just one min thing why the plug-in is not most ideal way to go your better off with m3u tuner setup with NextPVR that way you have more control 

I do have m3u stuff set up in NextPVR. This was the first time I was trying to record a m3u program at all and also the first from Emby via the plugin. It worked well apart from the padding thing.

SHSPVR

Sub doesn't like save buttons so these values get automatically save.  The values are read into Emby at startup though so if you change them you would need to restart  Emby.

I have no idea what @@SHSPVR is talking about these settings come from NextPVR not Emby.

Martin

It doesn't work that way emveepee once it set you can not change it

By setup NextPVR M3U tuner is become backend recorder and I change on fly

arrbee99

I have no idea what @@SHSPVR is talking about these settings come from NextPVR not Emby.  In any case he prefer to use the m3u approach and that is fine,  because he also doesn't like Kodi or any of the advantages of the plugin.

Martin

Well yes, there are no save buttons in the NextPVR web app, but there are non in Emby either. That wouldn't matter if it saved the new settings, but it doesn't (Emby that is).

If the values are read from NextPVR to Emby does that mean they aren't read going from Emby to NextPVR ?

SHSPVR

I do have m3u stuff set up in NextPVR. This was the first time I was trying to record a m3u program at all and also the first from Emby via the plugin. It worked well apart from the padding thing.

That will depend padding thing work fine on same channel just not when it switch from one channel to another channel as Emby dose not take count of removing the padding

Edited by SHSPVR

arrbee99

That will depend padding thing work fine on same channel just not when it switch from one channel to another channel as Emby dose not take count of removing the padding

Would have thought that would apply to everything until you change it, not just one channel.

SHSPVR

Well yes, there are no save buttons in the NextPVR web app, but there are non in Emby either. That wouldn't matter if it saved the new settings, but it doesn't (Emby that is).

If the values are read from NextPVR to Emby does that mean they aren't read going from Emby to NextPVR ?

There is to 5e9cd478097b5_Untitled1.jpg

arrbee99

There is to 5e9cd478097b5_Untitled1.jpg

Yes, I have those settings, but there's no Save button, and if they're supposed to be saved automatically that isn't happening.

SHSPVR

Yes, I have those settings, but there's no Save button, and if they're supposed to be saved automatically that isn't happening.

Odd it work fine here and there is no save button and it saved automatically with 4.5.0.6 beta for me and I don't use NextPVR Plugin at all only M3U Tuner link to NextPVR.

Edited by SHSPVR

arrbee99

Oh well, just tried again and same thing, back to defaults. Just wonder with the plugin if maybe Emby communicates to the NextPVR server and sees the old padding settings there and ignores the changes or something. I see the pre-padding is 1 min and post-padding is 2 minutes in both Emby and NextPVR.

Maybe for now I should just change the padding in NextPVR and restart Emby as Emveepee mentioned.

SHSPVR

Oh well, just tried again and same thing, back to defaults. Just wonder with the plugin if maybe Emby communicates to the NextPVR server and sees the old padding settings there and ignores the changes or something. I see the pre-padding is 1 min and post-padding is 2 minutes in both Emby and NextPVR.

Maybe for now I should just change the padding in NextPVR and restart Emby as Emveepee mentioned.

If using the NextPVR Plug-in then you have change it there if will let you

All I have todo with way have I it set is change the value to any I like and exit and go back there and it will be on new setting I set

arrbee99

If using the NextPVR Plug-in then you have change it there if will let you

All I have todo with way have I it set is change the value to any I like and exit and go back there and it will be on new setting I set

Thats true. Thought technically it kind of does let me change padding, just doesn't save. Maybe it could be disabled or have a message somewhere about it not having an effect (unless its just a bug).

I changed the padding in NextPVR and restarted Emby and it took the new values for new recordings but didn't change them for existing ones, which might be as expected. As mentioned, I don't record very often.

Anyway, will see how it goes...

emveepee

I don't want to get into the m3u issues here because those are controlled by Emby and not related to be plugin but indeed there is a bug in the NextPVR API it returns the pre padding in post padding.  There is another issue with the addon using an updated call that may be wrong and I need to check with sub on that. 

I have update the call in post#1 with a version that uses the same API as the web server.

Martin

arrbee99

Interesting. Thank you :)

Don't understand this bit though - 'I have update the call in post#1' but I shall bow to your (vastly) superior knowledge.

emveepee

Sorry I meant updated the zip in post  #1.  It modifies the padding in NextPVR, but it won't display them correctly until sub has time to look at it.

Martin

emveepee

I am testing the upcoming change for NextPVR and you can see my default padding of 1 and 2 work, and the modifications work too  Thanks for the report.

Martin

arrbee99

Thanks for the video :)

...'upcoming change' means not in the updated version of the plugin which you modified/posted yesterday (which I haven't got round to installing yet) ?

arrbee99

Sorry, confused (unusually). Both what ? There was the updated plugin yesterday, isn't this a further update of that ?