Can I have

zeus iot

zeus iot
Hello everyone, everything good.

Can I have a plugins from the company that work on the emby server. Because I want to use the emby for the store's cameras. How do I have a cloud target plugins from the company registered on the emby.

Att: Cristian Florencio.

As much as I love Emby I would not use it for security.  I do in fact have security cameras and would recommend you look at dedicated software for this such as the low cost Blue Iris for this https://blueirissoftware.com/ . $34.95 for one camera or $69.95 for up to 64 cameras.

Now with that said I can access my cameras through Emby and sometimes will switch to a door camera to see who's at the door, if a package is outside or similar but I use blue iris for it's security and recordings.  It's built just for this task and has features that just work well for security.  Being able to crop screens and only record those portions,  being able to use motion detection and only record when motion is detected, have full IR & PTZ functionality, digital zoom and pan. Be able to listen and talk through the cameras, etc...

With that said, what kind of security requirements do you have and how many cameras will be used?

• Like 1

zeus iot

As much as I love Emby I would not use it for security.  I do in fact have security cameras and would recommend you look at dedicated software for this such as the low cost Blue Iris for this https://blueirissoftware.com/ . $34.95 for one camera or $69.95 for up to 64 cameras.

Now with that said I can access my cameras through Emby and sometimes will switch to a door camera to see who's at the door, if a package is outside or similar but I use blue iris for it's security and recordings.  It's built just for this task and has features that just work well for security.  Being able to crop screens and only record those portions,  being able to use motion detection and only record when motion is detected, have full IR & PTZ functionality, digital zoom and pan. Be able to listen and talk through the cameras, etc...

With that said, what kind of security requirements do you have and how many cameras will be used?

there are a total of 5,000 cameras in one company and another 16,000 in another. you can create plugins to connect to and save to the company's cloud.

Got ya, yea, that's a major security setup and you'll need a rack system full of drives to spread the recording load out.  Not a cheap system by any means.

skidmarks

Quick question...

I have 3 blink cameras and the video gets sent out to the interwebs...  Nothing is stored locally.  Never really thought about seeing the recordings or the live feed thru emby.  My guess would be amazon only allows access with amazon hardware (alexa devices)?

It would be cool, but way off my radar.

Quick question...

I have 3 blink cameras and the video gets sent out to the interwebs...  Nothing is stored locally.  Never really thought about seeing the recordings or the live feed thru emby.  My guess would be amazon only allows access with amazon hardware (alexa devices)?

It would be cool, but way off my radar.

Blink is different from most other IP cams in that it does run through Amazon servers.  I've seen a project on GitHub that build a desktop "viewer" but haven't really looked into it.

skidmarks

Blink is different from most other IP cams in that it does run through Amazon servers.  I've seen a project on GitHub that build a desktop "viewer" but haven't really looked into it.

Yah i figured amazon would have this on full lock down.  Like i said never really thought about it before this post.  Cool to have sure, but not even worth

the time or effort as far as i am concerned!  Anyone coming up my driveway should probably have different concerns...

Edited by skidmarks

Anyone coming up my driveway should probably have different concerns...

Like what casing just came off your loading bench?  :)

• Like 1

zeus iot

COMO POSSO REALMENTE USAR O EMBY SERVER TOTALMENTE, SEM SER PARA MÍDIA DE TV. FILMES E SÉRIES.

QUERO USAR O EMBY PARA A EMPRESA E EM OUTROS CAMINHOS.

O QUE ME SUGERE PARA MELHORAR O MEU CONHECIMENTO E USAR O EMBY FORA DA CAIXA E QUE ELE FOI FEITO ?

HOW DO I REALLY USE EMBY SERVER FULLY, NOT FOR TV MEDIA. MOVIES AND SERIES.

I WANT TO USE EMBY FOR THE COMPANY AND OTHER WAYS.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST TO IMPROVE MY KNOWLEDGE AND USE EMBY OUT OF THE BOX AND WHAT WAS IT DONE?

Well the core of Emby is designed for Movies, Series and TV shows as well as music so moving past these items I'm not sure what your intention is.

From a company standpoint it could be used to training and safety videos.  You could record and publish company meetings or presentations.  Sales videos, etc.

Basically anything video related.

The key point to cayars comments are that Emby is a PERSONAL media consumption organization and distribution tool.  It is not and was not designed with business and commercial application in mind or intent. Emby (the software and the development team) assumes that you currently own personal entertainment media that you want to organize and consume in a distributed environment.  Can that concept be adapted and applied to a business or commercial entity? Yes but I doubt that it would be robust enough to do so since that is not what it was designed for.  Most folks would suggest in an environment such as the one that you describe that you would go get a tool (a more commercial tool) that better fits that environment rather than try to get Emby to do something that it likely would not be the best tool for.  Perhaps you could sweet talk, Luke, ebr and the other developers into building you something custom and unique for a business application but then you'd be hogging all of their time away from us poor individual users who are just hoping and waiting for them to give us some of the other kool features that we've been waiting on for a while.  The rest of us would rather that you not do that. The other suggestion is to go back to the main Emby web page and read fully the description for what it is and what it was originally intended and then see if really is what your "business" needs and is looking for.  Emby assumes that you are using it in your home and your home only, with only your personally owned entertainment media.

• Like 1