Music Recently Played Groups

sundevil67

sundevil67

This may sound a little nit-picky, but hey, if we can't be nit-picky when we're trapped at home with extra free time, when can we :P ? I was just curious if there might be a solution already available that I'm not seeing.

When I browse to my Emby Music Library, the "recently played" tracks appear individually. I suppose these days nobody listens to full albums anymore, so I might be identifying a problem that doesn't exist for many folks.... but I'd find this area a heckuva lot more useful if it grouped tracks from the same album together. Is there a setting for that somewhere? Maybe what I'm looking for is something more like 'recently played artists' or 'recently played albums'. Does that make sense? Thanks!

5e9b8bae52bd3_recently_played.jpg

Hi. What if every other song was from the same album?  How would that display?

It isn't really accurate to show an album there IMO.  This is showing you the latest songs you played.

sundevil67

I get it, I was just wondering if there was any kind of filter or sort setting that would allow a 'group by album' or 'group by artist' among recently played tracks.

There is not at this time but I'm not sure how that would work anyway given my example above. 

• 2 weeks later...
DamnMersault

If every other song is from the same album then they just wouldn't group well and the effect would look pretty much like it does today. But for those of us that are album-centric listeners it would group nicely.

The feature should be implemented as an optional setting, but I'd really like to see this as well.

If every other song is from the same album then they just wouldn't group well and the effect would look pretty much like it does today. But for those of us that are album-centric listeners it would group nicely.

The feature should be implemented as an optional setting, but I'd really like to see this as well.

So, if you played two songs back to back from an album with 12 songs on it, you want to show the album as recently played?  How do you know which songs you actually played?