Can't log in to my server on Roku?

Adie
Go to solution Solved by Adie,

Hi there, all help appreciated!!

I had an identical issue to this a few weeks ago - I was advised to restart the server, and that worked perfectly, but that's not working this time.

In short, Emby via my Roku on TV had been running fine with no problems. However, when I went to Emby yesterday evening, it didn't "log in" as normal, and I was presented with options to select servers, or to log in manually, or login with Emby Connect.

Trying to select a server just goes into a loop of either waiting time expiring or "cannot locate server". trying to "wake" the server does nothing. Emby can clearly "see" my server as my account name appears, but when I click on it, I go back to square 1.

I've tried Emby Connect, and entering the PIN OK, but this doesn't seem to help.

Question - if I try entering the server manually, is it the "In-Home (LAN) access" or "Remote (WAN) access" I should enter? And should I include the "http://" and/or ":8096" parts?

I am (obviously) *not* a PC ninja so I hope there might be a simple solution, or something silly I've missed (again!)... thanks a lot in advance for any help, stay safe & have a good weekend!

Question - if I try entering the server manually, is it the "In-Home (LAN) access" or "Remote (WAN) access" I should enter? 

That depends on if you are on your home network (LAN) or remote from it (WAN).  Are the addresses correct?  We've seen some recent reports of those addresses being incorrect and that will cause this issue.

And should I include the "http://" and/or ":8096" parts?

No.

Hi again, thanks for the reply, but that didn't help.

In desperation I deleted Emby from my PC and Roku, and reinstalled on both, and the same thing is happening, very frustrating, especially as it was so easy to install first time around!

However, one new thing is that when reinstalling, I received an email from "myself" saying "Confirm Emby Account Link - This account has been requested to link to the server [redacted]. Please confirm this action by clicking the link below", but when I clicked the link it said "Media Sharing Invitation Invalid - We're sorry, but something has gone wrong. The invitation you attempted to accept is no longer valid. Perhaps revoked it or it simply expired. Please contact them to issue a new invitation."

How do I issue a new "invitation", please?

Thanks again for any help anyone can offer!

I Confirm This Link

Hi.  What was the answer to this question?

Are the addresses [shown on your dashboard] correct?  

ebr, on 18 Apr 2020 - 3:07 PM, said:snapback.png

Are the addresses [shown on your dashboard] correct?  

I'm sorry to be so dumb, but how would I know/check?

If I click on the In-Home (LAN) access address it takes me to my Emby dashboard.

The Remote (WAN) access address is my IP address.

Thanks again!

Are those two addresses correct for your environment?

I'm really sorry, I don't know what you mean by "[my] environment".

On my desktop PC, in Emby / Settings / Dashboard, the In-Home (LAN) access address takes me to my Emby dashboard which seems to be working fine (on my PC.)

BUT one thing suspicious that's changed is that on Roku, I have 2 servers listed. They both used to have my account name "Adie" assigned to them, but now the server name that I see under Emby / Settings / Dashboard doesn't, but if I click "Wake server" nothing happens.

Is there a way I can "reset" Emby on Roku, as if I'm starting from scratch? As I've said before though, just going to Emby Connect and entering the PIN doesn't seem to help.

Or should I just delete and start again with a wholly new account? Thanks again for all your help!!

Is there a way I can "reset" Emby on Roku, as if I'm starting from scratch? As I've said before though, just going to Emby Connect and entering the PIN doesn't seem to help.

You can uninstall the app and then re-install it.

@@Adie2 has this helped?

No, I'm afraid not.

1) I uninstalled Emby and all components from my PC, and deleted it from Roku

2) I set up a brand new Emby account, and even set up a brand new email address to do it

3) Reinstalled Emby on my PC using the new account, and re-installed Emby on Roku

4) Basically all the same things happen as before, but:

i) EMBY CONNECT log-in gives me the message "There was an error processing the request. Please try again later. Timeout waiting for a response from the server"

ii) SELECT SERVER gives me a message "Error - we're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again - timeout waiting for a response from the server"

iii) WAKE SERVER does nothing.

iv) MANUAL LOG-IN does nothing / same as ii) above.

Emby is running fine on the PC itself, and as I say, was running perfectly via Roku until a week ago, and apparently stopped at random, i.e. no updates to anything that I'm aware of.

It's extra-frustrating because the very reason I switched from Plex to Emby a few years ago is because Emby was so easy to set up and worked first time!

Once again, any and all help appreciated - thank you, stay safe!

Hi again.

Entering the local address manually on my smartphone didn't work ("This site can't be reached") which implies it's a firewall issue.

I'm using McAfee on my PC. If I go to

> Firewall section

> Internet Connections For Programs

There are 3 entries for EmbyServer

1) embyserver.exe (marked "All Devices")

2) embyserver.dll (marked "All Devices")

3) embyserver.exe (marked "Designated Ports")

(there are also Emby installer & uninstaller entries)

In all cases it says Access/ Incoming and Outgoing / Open To All Devices, and NetGuard is ON

Is any of that any help? Thanks once again!

I'm not sure exactly how your firewall works but it does sound like something is blocking...

• Solution

A-ha, progress!

Switching the NetGuard(s) to OFF had no effect, but switching the firewall off completely worked!

Obviously this can't be a permanent state as I don't want to be "defenceless", sp unless you have any quick ideas, I'll contact McAfee about how to let Emby through the firewall, as it's not obvious to me...

Thanks again (again!) for your help, all the best!

• Like 1