Mibox - Sound playback continues after back to menu / back to home

nague

I have this strange issue with Mibox S in Android 9 (2231 update) : if I stop watching a video with the "back" button, the video stops, and the Emby menu screen is displayed as usual, but, after 5 seconds, the sound of my video comes back... and keep playing until the end of the video.

Same behavior if I press the "home" button. It occurs every time. The only way I found to stop the sound is killing Emby app (or reboot the Mi Box). 

If I first "pause" the video, and then press "back" (or "home"), I have no issue.

I already noticed this kind of issue few months ago on Mibox 3 (Android 8) when using audio passthrough, and this issue was occasional. This time, on MiBox S, it occurs in both with ou withoud audio passthrouth.

• Like 1

cuzz1369

I have the same experience on my Firestick, I cant say for sure but I thinknit happened on my shield aswell, live TV and OnDemand

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

maegibbons

Never seen it on shield but very occasionally on MI 3 BOX

Not enough to bother me to post about it!

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

cuzz1369

Very strange. Are you using the normal remote control?

Can one of you reproduce this issue and then immediately send a log from the app?

Thanks.

Not possible as everything goes black on the firestick when this happens, everything is unresponsive. Just a black screen with audio playing.

Edited by cuzz1369

Not possible as everything goes black on the firestick when this happens, everything is unresponsive. Just a black screen with audio playing.

So after that happens, if you use the Android menu to force-close the app and then immediately open it and send the log, I may be able to see what is happening.

Thanks.

cuzz1369

So after that happens, if you use the Android menu to force-close the app and then immediately open it and send the log, I may be able to see what is happening.

Thanks.

Ok, I will let the wife know to get me if it happens again. Seems really random when it does happen. Not all the time. I have a few servers running ubuntu, docker and on multiple server versions and doesnt seem to be specific to one or the other.

Very strange.  Are you using the normal remote control?

Can one of you reproduce this issue and then immediately send a log from the app?

Thanks.

I have just pressed the "Send log" button from the app. Pease use this message time for timestamp.

I was watching a video with user "herve" and I pressed the "back" button 2 times, a first time to go back on the video menu, a second time to go back on Emby Home.

I'm using the normal Mibox S remote control.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, can you tell me how long it was playing and if it was playing successfully before you backed out?

What appears to be happening is you are backing out at the exact moment an error loading the video has occurred so the retry logic is continuing after you've left the screen.  We will have to do better at discovering that situation.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It was playing successfully (as always) for few seconds (maybe 10s) before I backed out.

I can confirm the sound issue occurs whatever the time I watch a video. 

So there could be something like a permanent retry in background ?

Very strange.  It is almost as if your backing out is generating the error.  We'll have to look at it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
nague

Very interested in if this still occurs for you with the latest beta release.

Thanks.

I've tested last beta release with couple of videos, no more issues !

Thanks a lot.

• 2 months later...

A quick update on this topic, my MiBox S is running last official release of Emby app (android TV), the sound playback issue is still gone, but I noticed that backing out doesn't stop the streaming from the server side. That behavior might be related to the precedent issue, there is definitely something strange with the back button of Mibox S.

9 minutes ago, nague said:

A quick update on this topic, my MiBox S is running last official release of Emby app (android TV), the sound playback issue is still gone, but I noticed that backing out doesn't stop the streaming from the server side. That behavior might be related to the precedent issue, there is definitely something strange with the back button of Mibox S.

Please update to the beta.  You can just sign up for it at Google and that will get you the version with this fix.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Please update to the beta.  You can just sign up for it at Google and that will get you the version with this fix.

Thanks.

Thanks for your quick answer, I'll test it asap.

• 9 months later...
nague

Just to let you know that the Mi Box 4 S issue is back with Emby for Android TV release 2.0 (2.0.09g). It was fixed since July 20. The behavior is like the second round: no sound after back out but the stream stops and immediatly starts again from the server side.

A this time, I can't confirm if the Mibox 3 is affected (I don't have this device anymore). No issue with the Shield.

Edited by nague

9 hours ago, nague said:

Just to let you know that the Mi Box 4 S issue is back with Emby for Android TV release 2.0 (2.0.09g). It was fixed since July 20. The behavior is like the second round: no sound after back out but the stream stops and immediatly starts again from the server side.

A this time, I can't confirm if the Mibox 3 is affected (I don't have this device anymore). No issue with the Shield.

Hi there @nague, can we please look at a specific example?

Thanks.