Backup not restoring watched history

geopirate
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

geopirate

I upgraded most of the physical hardware in my Emby server and used the backup plugin.  Most things transferred over, but no watch history for any users.

Is there something that I'm missing?

@@cayars

Edited by Luke

• Solution

Watch history isn't backup up with the plugin as a separate/distinct item as this is part of the "core" database.

This information would be in the database itself.

Alternately if you used the Trakt plugin could be synced off site as well (and could be restored).

Did you remove Emby and re-install?  Normally with new hardware or a change you would just install (if needed) over top of what you have and Emby would see a current database and just upgrade it if needed but all settings, movies, shows would still be there including the watched status.

How do you upgrade/reinstall Emby?

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes all users and userdata is backed up by the Server Configuration Backup plugin.  Has a initial library scan finished?

Have you tried the restore process a second time, just enabling users and userdata?

May need to see a server log of the restore process.

• 2 weeks later...
geopirate

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the delay on my end.

My setup is OS/Applications stored on a small SSD and the media library/metadata/backups/logs stored on a btrfs raid 10

I changed out the cpu/mb/memory/ssd and reinstalled OS and emby on a new SSD.  I pointed everything to the appropriate places in the raid array and restored the latest backup that I took right before shutting down the old system.

I still have the old system/install and have at this point rebuilt that into a backup server situation, so I will try the restore process again.

Thanks for the help!

@@cayars

Let us know how you make out or if you need any assistance.

Carlo

geopirate

Hey @@cayars I actually figured out the problem.  My old server was stuck on 4.3.1 and there were some things broken with my install.

That was actually the cause of this issue, my backups weren't backing everything up correctly.

Also I just figured out that you can run 2 servers from one premier subscription, that will make things significantly easier for me moving forwards.

• Like 1

Sounds great.  Thanks for the update.

Yes you can run as multiple servers on your Premiere license as needed.

Carlo