Emby Home screen is blank

frankydank

frankydank

Two days ago, I had an issue with my mac mini which caused me to have to restore from a backup. Since the restore, Emby will not load on my AppleTV. The app opens fine, and displays the Home | Favorites | Search | Settings bar at the top but a blank screen under that. This is happening on two AppleTVs running what I believe to be the latest version (1.4.4.07). I have tried forgetting the server and logging back in. I have manually added the server. Logged in and out with Connect. Nothing works. Emby server (4.4.2.0) on my Mac works fine, as do the Emby programs on my phone/ipad and the Samsung TV app. Everything else on the AppleTV works fine. It is strictly an issue with Emby on Apple TV. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling a number of times with no luck. Any ideas? I'm at my wits' end. Thanks.

corey

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a problem! Would you be able to DM me the details of your server? I’d like to try connecting to it to see if I can replicate the issue.

Do you have any other Emby users that you can try or does this happen for all users on that server?

• 9 months later...
musictalks

Was there any resolution to this problem? I am now experiencing the same problem.

After opening Emby, the Home Screen displays the rotating wheel on a blank screen but the 4 menu items appear and work. I can run a video from the "Favorites" and the search menu as well as use the settings. I am using Emby version. 1.5.0. (2). Emby app is functioning on my other devices (Mac, iPhone). I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling from App Store. Multiple reboots of all network as well as Mac mini (Emby server) and Apple TV. 

Very frustrating.

Cheers

embyserver-63748883811.txt

frankydank

I was able to resolve the issue following Lukes advice on this post:

A power outage corrupted my library.db file and I was able to restore a previous version from a backup. Hope that helps. 

Happy2Play

That would be a different issue as your log had a "Corrupt: database disk image is malformed".  That does not appear in the log above.

• 4 weeks later...
DeeJayKay

My 2 sisters are complaining that they are also seeing blank home screen on their Apple TV's, but my Father's, and my Apple TV are fine.

All 4 devices are connected to the same Emby server and are running tvOS 1.5.0(2).

Other types of devices are connecting and displaying home screen without issues.

15 minutes ago, DeeJayKay said:

My 2 sisters are complaining that they are also seeing blank home screen on their Apple TV's, but my Father's, and my Apple TV are fine.

All 4 devices are connected to the same Emby server and are running tvOS 1.5.0(2).

Other types of devices are connecting and displaying home screen without issues.

Hi, do they only use emby on apple tv?

DeeJayKay

No, the 2 sisters also use it on their iPads (iOS 2.0.2), Windows desktops (Emby Theatre 1.1.339.0) and LG TV's (Emby Theater 1.0.24)., iPhone (iOS 2.0.2)

15 minutes ago, DeeJayKay said:

No, the 2 sisters also use it on their iPads (iOS 2.0.2), Windows desktops (Emby Theatre 1.1.339.0) and LG TV's (Emby Theater 1.0.24)., iPhone (iOS 2.0.2)

And those are all fine for them, right?