m3u Tuner

TJSNHS04

TJSNHS04

5e99c62a75b05_test.png

I added 3 m3u tuners that only show one in the home ??
how can you do to divide the tv series sections etc.
I don't like everything together
thank you

kanipek

5e99c62a75b05_test.png

I added 3 m3u tuners that only show one in the home ??
how can you do to divide the tv series sections etc.
I don't like everything together
thank you

Are you asking about channel groups/grouping? If so that is not currently supported by Emby.

TJSNHS04

Are you asking about channel groups/grouping? If so that is not currently supported by Emby.

yes ... will it be supported in the future? in a short future?
thank you

maegibbons

In a short future? Or just a shorter future than we have already had since this topic first came up like 3-4 years ago?

I would LOVE to see tabbed channel groupings as the first part of the Live TV revamp that has been promised for so very, very long.

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ronhardin3

So is there a way to use Emby Live for live stations and a plugin for the Video On Demand m3u files? I'm on my first month of Emby thinking of purchase lifetime subscription but want to make sure I have a work around... I will have 3 m3u files (live tv, TV on demand, Movie on demand) and wouldn't mind launching VOD from plugin but can't get any plugins to work... if there are set up guides to plugins please share

Edited by Ronhardin3

11 hours ago, Ronhardin3 said:

So is there a way to use Emby Live for live stations and a plugin for the Video On Demand m3u files? I'm on my first month of Emby thinking of purchase lifetime subscription but want to make sure I have a work around... I will have 3 m3u files (live tv, TV on demand, Movie on demand) and wouldn't mind launching VOD from plugin but can't get any plugins to work... if there are set up guides to plugins please share

Yes, try our strm file support.

superdonpan
On 6/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, Luke said:

Channel grouping will be coming in future updates. thanks.

Hey,

Any clues to how far in the future this is? Been searching the forums and as pointed out earlier in the discussing you've said it's an upcoming feature for 3-4 years in previous posts.
Currently you have to either do loads of manual work arounds for this or hope for a service minded supplier to filter it for you.

Thanks in advance!

It's a placeholder file you drop into a normal library.  But instead of it being a media file it's a text file that points to an internet location.

As an example download the attached zip file for the 1939 cartoon Gulliver's Travels.  It will have one subdirectory with NFO, graphics and the STRM file in it.  This is pulled off my system from a movie library.  Inside the strm txt file is this one line:

https://archive.org/download/gullivers_travels1939/gullivers_travels1939.mp4

That of course is the movie on archive.org

So try unzipping the file and drop the subdirectory into your movie library and rescan.  It should add this movie to your library and you'll see exactly how it all works.  STRM files are way cool for things like this!

Carlo

Gulliver's Travels (1939).zip

Ronhardin3

Worked liked a charm.. wrote a macro to put them into text files...cool... is there a app the does folder organizations into movie, tv file format structure?

If you're talking about naming and directory then filebot (filebot.net) is the tool to use.

If you mean a tool to create strm file, don't know of any.