Multiple Album Artist entries for same artist

marky9074

PenkethBoy

Good what i expected

Can you remove Super Trouper Album - do a full library scan  - make sure that version of Abba disappears

The add the Album back

Does the duplicate re appear?

And you are only answering about half of my questions  :P  [edit now you are :)]

Edited by PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

Yup, plug-in there and listed first...  Shall I zip up those albums and send you a link to D/L and test to try and reproduce with a new library on yours?

yep - send them over - send me a PM link

have a hunch on what it might be - would be good to test with your files :)

marky9074

Exactly the same....  it disappeared once removed, and then once back the extra bogus entry in artists and album artists come back.

marky9074

Thanks again for that. As you say it was the Emby generated NFO stored in each albums folder that was overriding the MediaBrainz tagging.....   :D

......quite why the scraped tags by Emby using MediaBrainz was so off the mark in the first place I do not understand  :o

Edited by marky9074

PenkethBoy

Remember you did a scan with no MBz tags first - emby did it by searching by name - you got duplicates

you updated the tags - but NFO is king and - as you have found out this did not change things - a full refresh on the albums would have worked - and moving out and back without the album.nfo would also work

Just add you MBz tags before adding to emby and you should have minimal issues going forward

marky9074

Totally with you on this, and yes even though it will take me forever I see it as a worthwhile exercise going through it all with Picard. So far probably less than 1% has had issues, though I still have more than 800 albums to go!!!  Yeah, it come back with duplicates of the album name, with the different artist. I was going to say this is a bit odd as you would think it would pick ABBA in this case as the most likely match, but that said if its initial scrape is on the album title first then I can see how this happened now.

PenkethBoy

The good thing is you only have to do the 800 Albums once - any rebuild later down the line will pull the correct info - eithe rfrom the nfo or metadata etc etc