Stop syncing settings across devices

greavous

greavous

Howdy folks.  I'm currently testing Emby for a possible switch from Plex so I got a month of Premiere to test the xbox/android apps out.  I usually watch via the TV/Xbox but also have a tablet I use at night to play a single episode of something as I fall asleep.  I want the TV/Xbox to play next episode automatically but the Android table to only play a single episode.  I have found out that this isn't possible as that setting is synchronised across all your devices. Change one, it changes that setting on all devices.  

Can we get a sync settings across devices on/off toggle or something like that added as I really don't think its intuitive to have to constantly be changing settings between devices that that difference use cases.  

Thanks for what seems a great alternative to Plex otherwise!

• Like 3

MBSki

Agree, that would be a nice feature.

If you normally watch 4k on Xbox, make sure to test a 4k video with Emby. It doesn't work for me which is a primary reason I still use Plex.

greavous

Agree, that would be a nice feature.

If you normally watch 4k on Xbox, make sure to test a 4k video with Emby. It doesn't work for me which is a primary reason I still use Plex.

Tbf I don't bother with 4k yet as I only upgraded to HD a couple of years ago :)   Thanks for the headsup though.

• Like 1

Hmm... That particular setting should already be different for different apps - at least is is in Roku, Android TV and Apple TV...

daedalus

Hmm... That particular setting should already be different for different apps - at least is is in Roku, Android TV and Apple TV...

typical emby, consistency? who cares?

this setting directly syncs between eg webclient, android app and ET, 3 things with complete different usage conditions

greavous

Hmm indeed. Feel free to move this to a bug section!

In case it's relevant, I'm using the latest LinuxServer docker, xbox one app and android app.

Edited by greavous