GameBrowser III & Amiga Emulator

msand
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

According to the old forum, the supported file extension in GameBrowser III for Amiga roms is .iso format.

Can anyone tell me how to get WinUAE, or any other emulator, to load iso files - I can get the games to launch fine with the .adf floppy disks, but have no idea what to do for iso files.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by msand
  • Like 1

• Solution
Redshirt

No. If .adf is a extension that amiga emulators are using then I need to add it to the supported extensions. I don't use all the emu's so unfortunately I miss various extensions. .adf will be in the next gb server release. Probably get published tonight as I need to update a URL in the config.

• Like 1

Hi Redshirt,

Would it be possible to also add the supported extension of .cfg? This way we could load up multiple floppy drives (.adf extensions) at once and use the loader http://fs-uae.net/

For anyone else wondering how to do this, you would need to create a file called "It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware).cfg", as an example, and in the file place the floppy drives like this:

floppy_drive_0 = It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 1 of 3).adf
floppy_drive_1 = It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 2 of 3).adf
floppy_drive_2 = It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 3 of 3).adf

Then you can simply make the call of fs-uae It Came from the Desert (1989)(Cinemaware).cfg. The GameBrowser plugin would obviously handle the rom file name and path for you.
Edited by msand
  • Like 2

Redshirt

@msand. I just had a look at that launcher. So it lets you define various settings and the amiga emulator launches the .cfg file as if it was a game?

Hi Redshirt,

Yes, you can pass a configuration file as a command line parameter, and that configuration file can do multiple things i.e. various settings, keyboard/mouse emulation, telling it what .adf files to load as the floppy disks, etc.

All of the settings for these configuration files can be found here - http://fs-uae.net/options. All options can be specified either in the configuration file, or as program arguments. As Amiga games can have multiple floppy disks, it wouldn't be possible to pass each of them as command line parameters with GameBrowser Classic, which is why I started playing around with the configuration file option.

It seems if you omit any configuration settings in this file, then it will just use pick them up from the default configuration file - so all I have placed in my config file is the floppy disks as above.

The configuration file can have any extension I believe - I just named mine .cfg.

Edited by msand

Hi Redshirt,

If you implement these changes, I was just wondering how you would handle both .cfg files and .adf files in the same folder? Can the .cfg file be indexed if it exists, and not the .adf files? Some users may use a different emulator and may still want the .adf file to be indexed. Sorry if this is causing you grief.

Redshirt

I haven't decided if/how I'm going to implement the config files. Its going to throw a wrench in how I resolve games and would need to be emulator specific in case other amiga emu's don't support the format.

Understood - I thought it would start to get complicated.

It seems you have added support for .adf files, as it's now indexing these - thanks  :) A quick question about this- if I look at two of the games which has been indexed, one game has picked up Disk 1 of 2, but the other game has indexed Disk 3 of 3. It seems the majority of games are multi-disk, and you really only ever want to launch disk 1, so is there anything we can do to ensure only disk 1 is recorded? I assume this is going to be difficult as well?

Awesome - just figured out a solution for this, and it doesn't matter how it indexes the .adf files.

If you add the switch of "{romFolder}\*.cfg", then it will pick up the configuration file in the folder, and launch correctly. As majority of games are multi-disk anyway, I'll just create a configuration file for each game.

Thanks for your help, and dev work Redshirt.

• Like 1