Emby server auto startup with Shield TV

heula

On 10/20/2020 at 4:05 AM, nmayrath said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find the "Run Server at Startup" checkbox...  I've connected to the Emby Server (v4.5.2.0) running on my Shield TV via Chrome, Emby app on Shield TV, and Emby app on android tablet.  All I see under Settings is: 

Preferred display language:

Cache path:

Custom css:

What am I missing?  

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Can you take a screen shot and show us what you see on the settings menu?

• 4 months later...

I am still having issues with the Emby server not starting after I have restarted my Shield TV pro 2019.

I can't find an option in the Emby server setting for auto startup and also not in the Android ui. Where can I find the setting?

The server was installed on the external storage and did read it needed to be on the internal storage. I placed it back to internal storage but than I can't update the server to a newer version if available. For updating to work again I need to remove the server back to the external storage.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63749579727.txt

Edited by heula

4 hours ago, heula said:

I am still having issues with the Emby server not starting after I have restarted my Shield TV pro 2019.

I can't find an option in the Emby server setting for auto startup and also not in the Android ui. Where can I find the setting?

The server was installed on the external storage and did read it needed to be on the internal storage. I placed it back to internal storage but than I can't update the server to a newer version if available. For updating to work again I need to remove the server back to the external storage.

embyserver.txt 220.05 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63749579727.txt 1.01 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, where did you look for it in emby server settings?

Oh and yes, it needs to be on internal storage in order to be able to run itself at startup. Nothing we can do about that.

32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, where did you look for it in emby server settings?

Everywhere I could think of. I don’t see the option. Where should I look?

Just now, heula said:

Everywhere I could think of. I don’t see the option. Where should I look?

The one called Settings, and it's already on by default, so unless you disabled it, there's nothing to do. But as I said, if you're running on external storage, then it won't matter as the server won't be allowed to auto-launch by the OS.

33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Oh and yes, it needs to be on internal storage in order to be able to run itself at startup. Nothing we can do about that.

Yes, I saw that but than updating doesn’t work. I get a “ could not install message”. After putting it back to external the update process went without any issue. 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

The one called Settings, and it's already on by default, so unless you disabled it, there's nothing to do. But as I said, if you're running on external storage, then it won't matter as the server won't be allowed to auto-launch by the OS.

I tested it by changing it to internal. Restarted the shield tv but the server did not startup automatically.

This morning I have set Emby Server back to Internal Storage and after three times of trying I could update to version 4.6.0.28 beta. No idea why the first two times the installation failed but I noticed that yesterday already.

After installing the update I started the server manually and waited a while.

Than I restarted my shield tv and waited for the server to startup automatically but it didn't. So auto startup won't work for me and I have never disabled it because I never found that option anywhere. 

embyserver-63749674965.txt embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...
heula
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you look for the option to check the value of it?

Not sure what you mean with this but updating to 4.6.0.29 beta went smooth but the server just won't startup automatically. Server is installed on internal Shield TV storage.

kodi.log kodi.old.log

Edited by heula

Did you check the settings in the server web interface to see if it's enabled?

heula
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you check the settings in the server web interface to see if it's enabled?

I searched all settings for as far as I know but I just can't find the setting to enable it. So if you tell me where it is supposed to be I can see if it is there.

heula

I found the setting and it was already enabled. If it was always there I must have overlooked it all the time 🤷‍♀️

The issue reamins because when the shield tv is restarted the server won't start automatically. I still have to do this manually.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63750585600.txt hardware_detection-63750565550.txt

• 6 months later...

Mine also installed on the internal. Version 4.5.4.0.

I have checked the settings. Disabled it, and enabled it again but no change.

Servet doesn't start automatically. I've to start it every time manually.

And this is very annoyig.

6 hours ago, guilty57 said:

Mine also installed on the internal. Version 4.5.4.0.

I have checked the settings. Disabled it, and enabled it again but no change.

Servet doesn't start automatically. I've to start it every time manually.

And this is very annoyig.

Hi there, what settings did you check?

• 3 months later...
drizzt09

I'm using Emby Server 4.6.7.0 on Shield P2897 OS9 v8.2.3

I too have to manually start Emby Server after Shield is rebooted.

Run Server at startup is enabled.

Plex Server is disabled and cleared data.

Plex client is cleared data and uninstalled.

Application is installed internally

Media is on external USB drive

cache and library data is on same external USB drive in the "NVIDIA_SHIELD" folder.

I have 0 issues when its running. Just have to manually start it after reboot

guilty57

Because of this bug, I started to use Plex Pass.

Emby installed but I have not run it for a long time since I started to use Plex.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give it another try? it is working just fine in our testing with Emby Server 4.6.7, both before and after updating to yesterday's Shield OS update. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, guilty57 said:

I'm using beta version 4.7.0.30.

There is no option to enable it in the settings menu.

image.png.5f68335dd69d13c29918072e11244a1d.png

embyserver.txt 36.01 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63782647654.txt 23.36 kB · 0 downloads

Do you have the server installed onto an SD card or external storage? It's not supported if you installed it that way.

• Thanks 1

guilty57
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you have the server installed onto an SD card or external storage? It's not supported if you installed it that way.

Thank you. Everything is now how it should be.

• Thanks 1