Library Main Dynamic image never updates

JohnnySapphire
Go to solution Solved by JohnnySapphire,

Happy2Play

@@Luke Does this affect all genre images also, as my applied images are gone?

Yes although I would not have expected you to lose custom images. Did you apply them with the web interface?

Happy2Play

Yes although I would not have expected you to lose custom images. Did you apply them with the web interface?

Yes, I just reapplied them and will follow up.

seanbuff

Dynamic images were fixed a couple of beta's ago, so I updated my Genre images with my own custom images via the web.

As of yesterday, the ugly dynamic generated images were back again and had replaced my custom ones.

@@Luke Is this messed up, i thought applying your own custom images was supposed to override the generated ones?

Beta: 4.5.0.11

Happy2Play

Dynamic images were fixed a couple of beta's ago, so I updated my Genre images with my own custom images via the web.

As of yesterday, the ugly dynamic generated images were back again and had replaced my custom ones.

@@Luke Is this messed up, i thought applying your own custom images was supposed to override the generated ones?

Beta: 4.5.0.11

Sort of a conflict as most custom images apply to a folder and reside there, but genre are virtual and when you apply a image it still goes to \metadata\library.  One reason all the old \metadata subfolder structure use to work, they resided in \metadata\genre.

So I am guessing my reapplied images will update some time on the 23rd.

arrbee99

On a slightly irrelevant note, I quite like the dynamic genre images, but it would be nice if they weren't squished vertically into squares (somehow).

seanbuff

So I am guessing my reapplied images will update some time on the 23rd.

I suppose I'll just hold off on manually updating them with customs again until this bug gets resolved.

Happy2Play

On a slightly irrelevant note, I quite like the dynamic genre images, but it would be nice if they weren't squished vertically into squares (somehow).

:)

5ec4859013b7f_genre.jpg

But here you go.

[data-type="Genre"] div.cardPadder-square {
    padding-bottom: 150%;
}

• 2 weeks later...
seanbuff

Has there been any movement on this issue?

Some of my users have even noticed and have commented on the hideous auto-generated genre images.

Happy2Play

Just noticed my genre are back to dynamic images again.

PenkethBoy

and MusicGenres

If you have old Genre and MusicGenre folders under metadata - which have images AND the database has a path for them e.g. %MetadataPath%\MusicGenre\Audio Book

then they dont get new dynamic images

I updated mine for Genres and MusicGenres - and so far no images have been replaced

Happy2Play

and MusicGenres

If you have old Genre and MusicGenre folders under metadata - which have images AND the database has a path for them e.g. %MetadataPath%\MusicGenre\Audio Book

then they dont get new dynamic images

I updated mine for Genres and MusicGenres - and so far no images have been replaced

That was my next test, as my stable server still has all the original %MetadataPath%\Genres

• 6 months later...
kjhedges
On 12/28/2020 at 4:45 AM, Luke said:

Custom genre images being replaced will be resolved in Emby Server 4.6. Thanks.

Does this apply to Beta Server too?

I had all genres for tv series and movies then just this morning they were all back to default. And now I am changing them all back to the images in the Emby.Resources-master genre images folder.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, kjhedges said:

Does this apply to Beta Server too?

I had all genres for tv series and movies then just this morning they were all back to default. And now I am changing them all back to the images in the Emby.Resources-master genre images folder.

In current beta 4.6.0.10 no.  It is in the the next beta release in group testing right now.  

• Like 2