Library Main Dynamic image never updates

JohnnySapphire
Go to solution Solved by JohnnySapphire,

Happy2Play

Emby dynamic images should automatically update (when it works).  If you do not want automatic updating dynamic images you need to apply your own static images.

JohnnySapphire

Emby dynamic images should automatically update (when it works).  If you do not want automatic updating dynamic images you need to apply your own static images.

Thanks Happy2Play. That's the issue here. None of the dynamic images for this have ever updated automatically and i've done all the suggestion in this thread as well as hours of playing with settings and "waiting and seeing" approach the past few months.

Seems other users in the thread report the same issue. Has anyone ever had the dynamic main library images automatically update without any manual actions?

Happy2Play

Thanks Happy2Play. That's the issue here. None of the dynamic images for this have ever updated automatically and i've done all the suggestion in this thread as well as hours of playing with settings and "waiting and seeing" approach the past few months.

Seems other users in the thread report the same issue. Has anyone ever had the dynamic main library images automatically update without any manual actions?

Looks like @@PenkethBoy reported it work in the current Beta 4.5.0.7

PenkethBoy

yes it appears to work now

As reported when the previous fix was applied several months ago - you need to delete existing images first - do a lib scan - a new image gets created - wait approx a week for them to change

i changed deleted mine several months back and only in the last day or so have i seen a chnage

• Solution
JohnnySapphire

Thanks i'll try installing the beta and see if it works. 

Just confirmed. After 7 days with Beta 4.5.0.7, it DID automatically update these images.  B) 

• Like 2

arrbee99

Yes, updated here on Windows and .10 beta. First time for a long time. Thanks very much.

crusher11

What if I don't want them to update? Not every title is available to every user, and I don't want inaccessible things showing.

Happy2Play

What if I don't want them to update? Not every title is available to every user, and I don't want inaccessible things showing.

You would have to apply static images.

crusher11

What if I don't have static images to apply? I can't see any way of saving the dynamic image and using that.

Happy2Play

What if I don't have static images to apply? I can't see any way of saving the dynamic image and using that.

Easiest way is using the API with the parentid to see where the image resides and copy it.

Open a library, look at the url and get the parentid

Open the API, bottom of dashboard

Go to ImageService

Then "Get /Items/{Id}/Images"

Try out and enter the parentid

Now you will see where the image is located

arrbee99

Or for me get the parentid and search using a program like 'Everything'.

crusher11

At the very least we should be able to exclude certain folders or tags from dynamic images, so as to avoid them including something that isn't available to any given user.

crusher11

Easiest way is using the API with the parentid to see where the image resides and copy it.

Open a library, look at the url and get the parentid

Open the API, bottom of dashboard

Go to ImageService

Then "Get /Items/{Id}/Images"

Try out and enter the parentid

Now you will see where the image is located

The API wants me to authenticate? I tried generating a key and pasting it in and clicking "Authorise" but nothing happened.

Happy2Play

The API wants me to authenticate? I tried generating a key and pasting it in and clicking "Authorise" but nothing happened.

How are you connecting as I just click the link on the dashboard but am on my LAN.  So it is authorize when I click on it.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Luke

How does dynamic images work, say a user with limited access or parental controls?  Will the dynamic images show items the user is restricted from?

crusher11

How are you connecting as I just click the link on the dashboard but am on my LAN. So it is authorize when I click on it.

Same thing, just clicked on the link at the bottom of the dashboard, connected via LAN. I'm even using the same PC the server runs off.

Happy2Play

Same thing, just clicked on the link at the bottom of the dashboard, connected via LAN. I'm even using the same PC the server runs off.

There was a topic on this somewhere will have to look, but does it work if you use this url and your api key?  If not on local host update the url.

http://swagger.emby.media/?url=http://localhost:8096/emby/openapi&api_key=YOURAPIKEY

crusher11

@@Luke

How does dynamic images work, say a user with limited access or parental controls? Will the dynamic images show items the user is restricted from?

They will. I know, because I've had it happen repeatedly. That's why I spent hours regenerating the dynamic images until I got ones with content available to everyone, and would like to keep them.

80% of my movies are stubs, only visible to the admin account, so it's a serious issue that those keep turning up in the library images.

Images are not user specific, so yes everyone will see the same image as of right now.

crusher11

Which is why it would be good to be able to exclude certain folders or tags from dynamic images. I have my stubs, which are admin-only, and I have a couple of tags that are just for my own use. If I could exclude those, it'd be safe to let the dynamic images do their own thing.

arrbee99

Now dynamic images is working again (touch wood), you can now just create a library, say Home Vidoes and Photos, put 4 images in it and it'll now create a dynamic image from those 4 you added, and you can steal that.

• Like 1