Library Main Dynamic image never updates

JohnnySapphire
Go to solution Solved by JohnnySapphire,

JohnnySapphire

The main image for each library which has a collection of the artwork of media inside never updates unless i manually delete the image. It has always done this and does it for all my libraries (movies and tv). 

All of the media it currently shows isn't even on my computer anymore. I have all the settings in normal and advanced to auto auto and auto refresh every possible setting, but no matter what this will not update unless i manually delete this image.

i've looked through threads, but not seen anything that works. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

post-432516-0-62585200-1587056250_thumb.png

post-432516-0-72580200-1587056261_thumb.png

rbjtech

On the image '...' , Refresh metadata, tick replace images - mine instantly refreshed with a new set of images...

Edited by rbjtech

JohnnySapphire

On the image '...' , Refresh metadata, tick replace images - mine instantly refreshed with a new set of images...

Yeah, i guess i'm looking for it to auto refresh. I dont want to manually have to refresh metadata everytime i add new media for this image to update.

i have all meta data set to auto refresh and forced, but this never updates. Would give a fingertip to get it to auto update whenever media is added or removed.

Happy2Play

Have you tried deleting the image and doing a library scan?

There are old topics where dynamic images stopped working and when it was fixed, it require users to delete the current image.

I don't know the exact interval these dynamic images are suppose to update though.

Edited by Happy2Play

JohnnySapphire

Thanks Happy2Play.

Yeah, i've tried this. It will update the image, but it will become stale and never auto-update.

Is it possible a permissions issue on my local computer? This seems to be the only emby related media image that does not auto update. Using Windows 7 as admin.

Have you tried deleting the image and doing a library scan?

There are old topics where dynamic images stopped working and when it was fixed, it require users to delete the current image.

I don't know the exact interval these dynamic images are suppose to update though.

Happy2Play

I personally apply images to all my libraries.  Dynamic images are suppose to update on a interval but @@Luke would have to comment on that interval.

JohnnySapphire

I personally apply images to all my libraries.  Dynamic images are suppose to update on a interval but @@Luke would have to comment on that interval.

thank you. I know metadata was auto-updated monthly, so i waited a month just to be 100% sure and it did not update after a month. I have been testing this since november, playing with settings..etc and finally give up and came here for the pros

rbjtech

It's definitely not 7 days  ;) - My images have been there since the initial library setup.   

They may refresh if you set the library metadata to refresh every 30,60 or 90 days, but I've never set this so can't confirm.

JohnnySapphire

They will rotate once every week or so.

They have never updated automatically. All those items are no longer on my computer or in Emby. I've deleted the photo and done re-scans and turned everything to auto scan, but this image will never update unless you delete it manually every time first.

Happy2Play

It's definitely not 7 days  ;) - My images have been there since the initial library setup.   

They may refresh if you set the library metadata to refresh every 30,60 or 90 days, but I've never set this so can't confirm.

When was initial setup?  As that topic say you will have to delete the initial image.

Library refresh interval has nothing at all to do with dynamic images.

rbjtech

When was initial setup?  As that topic say you will have to delete the initial image.

Library refresh interval has nothing at all to do with dynamic images.

Years ago ..

You can also refresh the image by forcing a metadata refresh with image update, as I said in #2 - you do not need to delete the image at all.  Hence my thought it may be related to the library refresh interval ...

Edited by rbjtech

Happy2Play

Years ago ..

You can also refresh the image by forcing a metadata refresh with image update, as I said in #2 - you do not need to delete the image at all.  Hence my thought it may be related to the library refresh interval ...

But to me Refreshing 6000+ items is not very practical.

There is not suppose to be any refresh required for dynamic images to update.  It is suppose to update on a interval of a week or so.  Since it is hard to track something like this, @@Luke is there a way to manually trigger this to see if it works?

PenkethBoy

yes that 7 days thing is a myth

when it was last fixed - i deleted existing images for the libraries - got new ones and they have stayed the same for months

• 2 weeks later...
JohnnySapphire

Nope. Even after making the requested changes the images never and still havent auto updated on Version 4.4.2.0

crusher11

Am I the only one who doesn't want them to update automatically? I've taken great care to make sure they all only feature covers of titles available to all users. Would hate for that to automatically be overwritten.

CarlosLima

I also would not like to have automatic updating of these images, in fact, using custom images, I believe it is the best way.

arrbee99

Nothings changed automatically here.

It always used to be that if you added your own images they weren't updated.

JohnnySapphire

I also would not like to have automatic updating of these images, in fact, using custom images, I believe it is the best way.

It would be fine if it didn't automatically update if you upload your own images and had static media, but for those of us who delete movies and TV shows after watching them, it only shows old media that no longer even exists on your computer for weeks or months