Emby 4 Kodi Feature request. Include local trailers in TVTunes.nfo

jachin99

jachin99

@saulfred

Emby for Kodi creates a TV Tunes.nfo file that points to video, and audio theme files as it is now.  TV Tunes uses the locations written to TV Tunes.nfo by Emby 4 Kodi to play theme videos in some skins.   When a movie or TV Show doesn't have a video backdrop, the TV Tunes addon has the option to use a local trailer as a backdrop instead but this option currently doesn't work because Emby 4 Kodi doesn't write local trailer locations in TVTunes.nfo  

Is there any way to update E4K to write local trailer locations to TV Tunes.nfo files?

Edited by jachin99
  • Like 1

jachin99

just to give you an update, I'm trying to get some help with making this change.  I can look at what you have written in that snippet, and kind of imitate it or tailor what is already there for theme videos but I'm not fluent in python.  

TeamB

just to give you an update, I'm trying to get some help with making this change.  I can look at what you have written in that snippet, and kind of imitate it or tailor what is already there for theme videos but I'm not fluent in python.  

Just to be clear I did not write that code, I just did a search through the code to find where that file was written to and linked to it.

If you are truly interested in altering the add-on your best way forward is forking the code on github and creating a pull request that a project admin can then merge in and create a new release.

Also just be aware that the developer of the add-on has been absent from these forums for a number of months now and future updates and releases may be sporadic or delayed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...