No longer able to add collections to collections?

Traxxus

Traxxus

Has something changed with this? Seems like I can't add collections to collections anymore. I like making larger collections of franchises, Middle Earth Collection for instance (https://i.imgur.com/y17Jztl.png), Marvel Cinematic Universe (https://i.imgur.com/uJgeP2c.png), etc.  But it seems like the add function is gone? Was this an intentional change, or am I missing something? 

Edited by Traxxus
  • Like 1

Traxxus

That's super unfortunate, I really like having everything sorted and tidy, and was one of the things my friends who use Plex was super jealous of. A definite step backwards.  

• Like 1

Happy2Play

This will can be done easily via the API, all you need to know is the Collectionids.

Haven't test but manually editing the collection.xml should work also.

RobWayBro

There is still a convoluted way to do this.  

First, in the Movie library, click on the triple dot menu and make sure you have "Group items into collections" is enabled.

Next, select a movie not in a collection (check box on the upper left of the movie image) then go to a Box set collection and select the checkbox

Now, click on the triple dot on the bar at the top and you now have Add to Collection as an option (if you only select a box set, this option is not available)

Finally, go to the collection these were added to and remove the single movie you selected (if it was not desired to be in that collection).

This works for me still.  (version 4.4.2.0)

PenkethBoy

Pity your work around does not work in Beta - so i guess Luke fixed that loophole

Happy2Play

Pity your work around does not work in Beta - so i guess Luke fixed that loophole

It can still be done via Folders, but yes via Library you have no option on collections multi-select.

But could be that I have actual folder collections.  Will have to test on a test machine.

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy

the collection multiselect is there still in beta - using the above trick - it just filters out the collection being added

RobWayBro

Sorry..  I know I like this capability.

PenkethBoy

Sorry..  I know I like this capability.

No need to be sorry - i was hoping it still worked in beta :)

• 2 weeks later...
BKKK

I am glad I found this this thread, just spent some time wondering where this option had gone. I am on V4.4.2 and the work around doesn't work for me, the single movie gets added but the collection doesn't  :(  

If the devs read this then please add this feature back as I for one use it a lot. eg Childrens Collection contains Disney collection , Shrek collection etc, a total 50 collections. My Disney collection contains over 20 collections.

Most of these collections were generated with auto box sets plugin.

p.s. I am a bit late to the 4.4..2 "experience" as I am on a nas and had to wait for the update to come through official channels.

Edited by BKKK

The multi select was updated to only show applicable commands based on what you've selected, so that's why this has happened.

You can still edit the xml file or use the emby api.

BKKK

The multi select was updated to only show applicable commands based on what you've selected, so that's why this has happened.

You can still edit the xml file or use the emby api.

Hardly a user friendly experience then  :wacko:

Hardly a user friendly experience then  :wacko:

Right but it's not an officially supported feature. If and when we're able to get to that point then it will be available in the UI.

• Like 1