4.5.0.6 won't install on N5550

Hoochee

Hoochee

Thecus N5550

64-bit Atom

OS5

Trying to install the latest beta but it keeps failing. I get the message that the update it about to start then after a few seconds I get a message that the app install failed. There's nothing in the message or the Thecus logs to indicate why. I'm updating from 4.5.0.4, I didn't install 4.5.0.5 and can't find it to try. I was able to reinstall 4.5.0.4 - selected that .mod file since it's the last one I have and no issues with install.  I've re-downloaded the 4.5.0.5 package and that didn't help. Thanks in advance for your input.

Edit: Realized I should have posted this in the Testing Area>Emby Server

Edit: Finally found 4.5.0.5 on github and it installed.

Edited by Hoochee

alucryd

The latest beta installs just fine on my N2810, did you get any useful information from the web ui that can help us debug?

Edit: Actually you said there was no useful information. What about installing after uninstalling the current version?

Edited by alucryd

Hoochee

If I uninstall the current it removes the server and all settings. While I have it backed up not really a great solution. Never had an issue installing over previous before. It’s not a huge deal. I’ll just wait for the next release if nothing jumps out for @@Luke or the team as to cause.

Edited by Hoochee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
bebaldin

Where can I find 4.5.0.7 on GitHub. I am still running 3.2.70 on my N5500 on OS5. Tried to install the latest version 4.4.3 and beta 4.5.12, but neither will load. Both fail with a message about the firmware N7700 doesn't match. 

Where can I find 4.5.0.7 on GitHub. I am still running 3.2.70 on my N5500 on OS5. Tried to install the latest version 4.4.3 and beta 4.5.12, but neither will load. Both fail with a message about the firmware N7700 doesn't match. 

Hi, what is the exact message?

• Like 1

bebaldin

Here is the log:

Module will install/upgrade ,please do not reload or close admin UI
Module Name: [ Emby Server ]
Module Version: [ 4.5.0.12 ]
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Module is installing ...
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Firmware mode (N7700) does not match.
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Install module fail.

Note that I have FFMPEG 3.1.1.0 and Mono Runtime 4.4.2.11 installed on the N5500. OS is 5.03.02.

• 3 months later...

Just for reference on my thecus N5550, Emby version 4.5.0.5 release; did install ( after 2 tries ) but Emby website itself does not come active. Reverting back to an older version...

4 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Just for reference on my thecus N5550, Emby version 4.5.0.5 release; did install ( after 2 tries ) but Emby website itself does not come active. Reverting back to an older version...

Hi there, was any emby server log generated? Can you please attach that? Thanks.

I deleted the package already... but will reinstall it.

One thing though, any idea where on the NAS the logs are placed? I guess I need to ssh into the linux that is running on it.

Quick question. Have you customized emby server's port number settings under the network section? What are the values?

• 1 month later...
gioluca2
On 9/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, bebaldin said:

Mine are at default. 

8096 for HTTP

8920 for HTTPS

I am on 3.2.70 - the last version I have been able to upgrade to. 

I have the same 3.2.70 version on my N2310 but after service is running, I can't access to web interface.
Can you help me?

2 hours ago, gioluca2 said:

I have the same 3.2.70 version on my N2310 but after service is running, I can't access to web interface.
Can you help me?

We'll respond to you here:

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
bebaldin
On 6/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, bebaldin said:

Here is the log:

Module will install/upgrade ,please do not reload or close admin UI
Module Name: [ Emby Server ]
Module Version: [ 4.5.0.12 ]
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Module is installing ...
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Firmware mode (N7700) does not match.
2020/06/05 23:18:02: Install module fail.

Note that I have FFMPEG 3.1.1.0 and Mono Runtime 4.4.2.11 installed on the N5500. OS is 5.03.02.

Luke,

Been a long time on this topic, but I am still limping along with version 3.2.70.0.0 on my Thecus N5500. I have never been able to get anything past that to install. I always get the exact same message as quoted about the Firmware Mode (N7700) does not match. Have tried all the way up to the latest version out there tonight.

I would not be that concerned, except I cannot get past the scrolling issues on every browser out there, which prevents me from working on playlists or anything else. The Metadata Manager also no longer opens in any browser. If I could get this to work right in a modern browser, I would be fine with staying on 3.2.70.0.0, but it is getting impossible to do anything with it and no browser support. 

Am I just out of luck? I know this NAS is quite old, but I really don't want to shell out more money for a brand new NAS and a bunch of storage while this one works just fine otherwise. I have tried a variety of different machines and browsers (Android tablets, Win10 machines, every browser I can find) but nothing works. Playing it on my Amazon Fire app works great, but you can't do much other than play over that. 

Is there any upgrade path for Emby Server available to me that can at least get the browser working and be installable on my N5500? 

15 hours ago, bebaldin said:

Luke,

Been a long time on this topic, but I am still limping along with version 3.2.70.0.0 on my Thecus N5500. I have never been able to get anything past that to install. I always get the exact same message as quoted about the Firmware Mode (N7700) does not match. Have tried all the way up to the latest version out there tonight.

I would not be that concerned, except I cannot get past the scrolling issues on every browser out there, which prevents me from working on playlists or anything else. The Metadata Manager also no longer opens in any browser. If I could get this to work right in a modern browser, I would be fine with staying on 3.2.70.0.0, but it is getting impossible to do anything with it and no browser support. 

Am I just out of luck? I know this NAS is quite old, but I really don't want to shell out more money for a brand new NAS and a bunch of storage while this one works just fine otherwise. I have tried a variety of different machines and browsers (Android tablets, Win10 machines, every browser I can find) but nothing works. Playing it on my Amazon Fire app works great, but you can't do much other than play over that. 

Is there any upgrade path for Emby Server available to me that can at least get the browser working and be installable on my N5500? 

Hi, what firmware version do you have?

bebaldin
Manufacturer Thecus
Product No. N5500
Firmware Version 5.03.02

FFMPEG version 3.1.1.0

Mono Runtime 4.4.2.11

Thanks! I appreciate any guidance you can offer.