Live TV not working after upgrade to 4.4.2.0

mothball

mothball

HELP! Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have been using the Live TV (IPTV M3U URL tuner) feature successfully on my Ubuntu Server (Version 19.10) with the version prior to 4.4.2.0. I upgraded and the Live TV section is blank/empty, no guide, no channels all blank..

Most recent Emby Server log file attached for review

embyserver.txt

mark-in-dallas

Please disregard:  I was able to resolve my issue by rebooting router and modem

Yes, I Am.  I was just going to post the same issue, but found this thread.  I am running Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu 18.04), and recently updated to Emby 4.4.2.0, although after the update my guide and  Live TV were still okay up until last night.  Today when I logged in all of my M3U channels were missing, with the exception of 2 channels that are pulling from local M3U files.  The missing channels all get their data from an external iptv-epg M3U link. 

In checking the log file I see a bunch of errors, but ones that appear to be applicable to me concern the Connection to the M3U link timing out.  The error starts on line 597 and the particular error is on line 609.  I changed the actual link reference to protect my username and password, but can PM the actual link, if requested.  I have insured that the M3U file is available from the source and downloads quickly. 

I could probably upload the M3U as a local file and get all of the data back, but that's just putting a band-aid on the problem and  I really, really don't want to have to go back in and remap all of my channels again, so I'm hoping for an actual solution.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

HELP! Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have been using the Live TV (IPTV M3U URL tuner) feature successfully on my Ubuntu Server (Version 19.10) with the version prior to 4.4.2.0. I upgraded and the Live TV section is blank/empty, no guide, no channels all blank..

Most recent Emby Server log file attached for review

Your xml guide data url is returning 404 not found - not an Emby problem.

The channels should still be able to show up without guide data though.

mark-in-dallas

Okay, so I've tried a few more things to no avail:

1.  I uploaded the M3u file as a local file and tried refreshing the guide data.  It took over 30 minutes to scan less than 100 channels and upon completing the Map Channels panel was empty, but the channels did show up in the front end Guide section, although all incorrectly mapped.

2.  I tried updating to the 4.5.0.6 Beta release to see if that would help.  It did not.

3.  I time shifted back to April 10th, although I am not sure if that was before or after I'd updated to 4.4.2.0.  Right after the restore completed and the server rebooted I had all of the correct channel and guide data, but on refresh it was missing again.

I also noticed that the channel mapping panel is empty for the 2 local M3U files that I have uploaded as well, but both are still displaying correct mapping and guide data.

I should also mention that for the guide data I am using the Emby Guide Data.

Is there a chance that I can get a copy of the 4.4.1.0 release and see if that fixes the issue, or do you have any other thoughts?

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mark-in-dallas

I rolled back to 4.4.1.0 and the issue persists.   Upon further troubleshooting It appears that Emby is having trouble accessing anything over the internet.  I say this because I have 2 local M3U files with only one channel stream in each, and they pull Emby Guide data without issue.  I have another M3U with 60 channel streams in it, and uploaded as a local file it does pull the channels into the Guide, but is unable to get Emby Guide data or display channels for mapping in the backend Live TV .  If I try to access the M3U through an external URL it does not even show the channels and I get the connection timed out errors in the server log.

For the 2 channels that do display guide data if I attempt to stream either one it takes forever for the stream to start, then plays for just a couple of seconds before beginning to buffer, and after a number of second will play for a couple more seconds then buffer again.

I also just noticed that the Check for plugin updates is failing with time out errors when the server is rebooted.

I have turned off the firewall, and that has not helped.  Any thoughts?

Edited by mark-in-dallas

mothball

Your xml guide data url is returning 404 not found - not an Emby problem.

The channels should still be able to show up without guide data though.

okay - guide data xml error i can live with that or is something I can work with but none no channels from the sources appear, not even the public IPTV url site - so it seems like something broke in the system from one version to the next as the livetv setting did not change between upgrade

mothball

I rolled back to 4.4.1.0 and the issue persists.   Upon further troubleshooting It appears that Emby is having trouble accessing anything over the internet.  I say this because I have 2 local M3U files with only one channel stream in each, and they pull Emby Guide data without issue.  I have another M3U with 60 channel streams in it, and uploaded as a local file it does pull the channels into the Guide, but is unable to get Emby Guide data or display channels for mapping in the backend Live TV .  If I try to access the M3U through an external URL it does not even show the channels and I get the connection timed out errors in the server log.

For the 2 channels that do display guide data if I attempt to stream either one it takes forever for the stream to start, then plays for just a couple of seconds before beginning to buffer, and after a number of second will play for a couple more seconds then buffer again.

I also just noticed that the Check for plugin updates is failing with time out errors when the server is rebooted.

I have turned off the firewall, and that has not helped.  Any thoughts?

for the record i do not have an internet access problem with my Emby Server install - it appears to be pulling down metadata and my server dashboards tell me all is working properly

okay - guide data xml error i can live with that or is something I can work with but none no channels from the sources appear, not even the public IPTV url site - so it seems like something broke in the system from one version to the next as the livetv setting did not change between upgrade

Did you check the contents of the m3u url to make sure it has channels?

mothball

Did you check the contents of the m3u url to make sure it has channels?

Hello Luke, first let me say that you guys have always been very helpful when i have experienced problems in the past. That said I can assure you that all of the Live TV M3U URLS (not the EPG guide links) are working. I have them active on Amazon fire devices using a dedicated IPTV application and they are working fine. While at the end of the day i don't need to have your feature functioning to enjoy the primary purpose for the servers installation, but it certainly would be nice to have it working as your server product is a convenient comprehensive media server supporting my whole home network.

What gives me the impression that their is something broken is that even the Public M3U playlists that require no login credentials are not registering, and there is no notification that the system cannot reach the URL location. usually you guys provide specific feedback when url paths are not reachable or responding...

838Joel

I update to the latest version too and do not have my live TV anymore.

I'm not looking at it often but since I saw this thread I did test it.

Tomorrow I will reboot my XenServer etc and see if it fix the problem.

I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I update to the latest version too and do not have my live TV anymore.

I'm not looking at it often but since I saw this thread I did test it.

Tomorrow I will reboot my XenServer etc and see if it fix the problem.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi there, what does "do not have live tv anymore" mean?

838Joel

Hi there, what does "do not have live tv anymore" mean?

Well no TV channel was there!

Anyway, I rebooted my OTA TV box yesterday and this morning all is working back to normal.