Embycon 1 Show is Blank

feerlessleadr
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

feerlessleadr

So I have a weird situation involving one specific show and embycon. Long story short, my parents use my old Minix u9h box running the latest CoreELEC to access my emby server, and I set them up with embuary & embycon. This setup has been rock solid for the last month or so (and even before that when they were using a fireTV & stick). However, tonight, the show that they are in the middle of watching just sort of disappeared. 

What I mean by that is the show is still listed under TV shows, but when they click into it, nothing shows up, it is just blank. I thought it might be an embuary issue, so I (painstakingly) walked them through how to switch to the default skin, but the same thing happens. I had them enable debug logging and had them try to access the show through embycon directly, and the same thing happened:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ffKskNwddj/

The show they are trying to watch is 'Jamestown'. 

I had them switch back to embuary, and noticed that Jamestown shows up under 'Next Up', so I had them play it (weirdly, they have to press play probably 3 times before it actually plays, but that is an issue for another thread), and it plays fine. It is just for some reason now showing up in the list of TV shows. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated @@TeamB

Thanks

• Solution
TeamB

This one is a little weird, the series info from the first request

{
	"Name": "Jamestown",
	"Id": "104001",
	"DateCreated": "2020-04-09T16:32:55.0000000+00:00",
	"SortName": "jamestown",
	"PremiereDate": "2017-05-05T04:00:00.0000000+00:00",
	"OfficialRating": "TV-14",
	"Taglines": [],
	"Genres": [
		"Drama"
	],
	"CommunityRating": 6.9,
	"RunTimeTicks": 27000000000,
	"ProductionYear": 2017,
	"IsFolder": true,
	"Type": "Series",
	"UserData": {
		"PlayedPercentage": 54.16666666666667,
		"UnplayedItemCount": 11,
		"PlaybackPositionTicks": 0,
		"PlayCount": 0,
		"IsFavorite": false,
		"Played": false
	},
	"RecursiveItemCount": 24,
	"ChildCount": 3,
}

Notice the child count which in this case should be the seasons

then on requesting the seasons zero are returned.

{server}/emby/Shows/104001/Seasons?userId={userid}&Fields={field_filters}&format=json

total_records: 0

One thing you could try, under the advanced settings there is an option to "Cache server requests" turn that off.

What server version are you running?

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

Thanks - I'll walk my Dad through changing that setting today and will report back. 

I'm running the latest stable build of the server 4.4.2.0.

I have tried to reproduce this on my other boxes (nvidia shields, odroid N2, windows laptop) using the same setup, but it doesn't happen, so I'm not sure why my parents' Minix would be different. 

feerlessleadr

I had my father disable cache server requests, and that did the trick. Thank you!

Any downside to having this unchecked?

TeamB

This feature allows the client to display what it last saw when you accessed that path or list of items, since this info is cached locally this is much faster. It then once the cached items are displayed checks the server in the background for changes, if there are any it forces an update on the displayed items, if no changes it does nothing.

With this disabled the client always goes to the server first to get the latest items and then display the result so it might slow down viewing a little bit.

Edited by TeamB

feerlessleadr

Thanks - I'll probably have him leave that off for a while before turning it back on to test. 

• Like 1

TeamB

I think I finally found the issue with this, there was a bug in the caching manager.

Try the latest beta 1.9.76

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Thanks - I finally got around to testing this with my Dad and it looks like it is fixed.