Emby not seeing Hauppauge Tuners even though WinTV 10 works

fastcity
Go to solution Solved by arrbee99,

fastcity

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and got emby premiere but despite WinTV 10 being installed and working which I've read should work with Emby I can't detect the cards.

I have a log attached which shows an error when discovering tuners.

embyserver.txt

Edited by fastcity

Hi, at this point we haven't yet tested with WinTV 10. We can only say that WinTV 8.5 works.

Good news though - we are working on all-new hauppauge support which won't have any dependency on WinTV so pretty soon it won't matter anymore.

maegibbons

@@Luke

Would you like to give us your current definition of "pretty soon"?

Is it currently > 2 years?

Or less than 6 months?

Or somewhere in between?

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

HauppaugeDev

WinTV v8.5 and WinTV v10 use the same background engine (HauppaugeTVServer) so anything that relies on calls available in WinTV v8.5 will work with WinTV v10.

The only different is the executables are in a different folder (and with newer code added)

@@Luke - feel free to drop me a line sdk@hauppauge.co.uk

@@Luke

Would you like to give us your current definition of "pretty soon"?

Is it currently > 2 years?

Or less than 6 months?

Or somewhere in between?

Krs

Mark

We're hoping it will be the focal point of the 4.5 series.

WinTV v8.5 and WinTV v10 use the same background engine (HauppaugeTVServer) so anything that relies on calls available in WinTV v8.5 will work with WinTV v10.

The only different is the executables are in a different folder (and with newer code added)

@@Luke - feel free to drop me a line sdk@hauppauge.co.uk

Great, thanks !

Armageus

Good news though - we are working on all-new hauppauge support which won't have any dependency on WinTV so pretty soon it won't matter anymore.

Just Hauppauge or is it more generic (e.g. BDA)?

maegibbons

Just Hauppauge or is it more generic (e.g. BDA)?

It is defo BDA based.

Krs

Mark

SHSPVR

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and got emby premiere but despite WinTV 10 being installed and working which I've read should work with Emby I can't detect the cards.

I have a log attached which shows an error when discovering tuners.

That odd work fine in with WinTV 10 and Emby 4.5.0.6 beta have try a reboot ?, being I have both the PCIe and USB model

Edited by SHSPVR

fastcity

Alright I tried a few things but Emby still isn't recognizing any new devices (I have the PCIe Quad HD btw).

I tried installing WinTV 8.5 but found that impossibe, the installer forced me to download the installer for WinTV 10. Shouldn't matter tho so I reinstalled WinTV 10. This did not fix the issue (although WinTV and WinTV extend work fine).

I then tried upgrading to Emby 4.5.0.6 beta but the tuner is unfortunately still not visible.

Edited by fastcity

SHSPVR

Alright I tried a few things but Emby still isn't recognizing any new devices (I have the PCIe Quad HD btw).

I tried installing WinTV 8.5 but found that impossibe, the installer forced me to download the installer for WinTV 10. Shouldn't matter tho so I reinstalled WinTV 10. This did not fix the issue (although WinTV and WinTV extend work fine).

I then tried upgrading to Emby 4.5.0.6 beta but the tuner is unfortunately still not visible.

what do you have a DVB or ATSC Tuner post model number off the box

SHSPVR

I have an ATSC tuner model number 1609

That very odd it doesn't work

Maybe you should think about NextPVR as there are two way one as m3u tuner which I perf or by emby nextpvr plug-in

Edited by SHSPVR

• 2 weeks later...
fastcity

NextPVR does the same for me. NextPVR itself does indeed work, however Emby is not able to get channel listings or access recordings from it.

fastcity

I was actually unable to install WinTV 8.5, the installer would direct me to download WinTV 10 and wouldn't let me install WinTV 8.5.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Stay tuned for our upcoming revamped Hauppauge support which won't depend on WinTV anymore.

• Like 1

arrbee99

NextPVR does the same for me. NextPVR itself does indeed work, however Emby is not able to get channel listings or access recordings from it.

If you wanted to play a bit in the meantime - can I ask if you had a guide working in NextPVR and if you used the NextPVR plugin in Emby or not.

Spaceboy

Personally I much prefer the Any backend-> m3u -> emby route. Best of both worlds

HauppaugeDev

Luke - What files are you current dependant on from WinTV v8.5? I'd like to make sure WinTV v10 has everything required for you. Please feel free to reply here or drop me an email sdk@hauppauge.co.uk

Thanks

SHSPVR

How did you setup NextPVR to Emby by the NextPVR Plug-in or as M3U Tuner as I listed here

Dose NextPVR see the EPG in own TV Guide menu ?

fastcity

I set it up using the plugin.

For the M3U route, I need to make a file like "OTA-Tuner.txt" with my channel list, correct? Is there any way to export that from NPVR or does it need to be done manually?

Edited by fastcity

fastcity

I added a few channels and the M3U route does work! Thank you.

Is there any way to export the full channel list from NPVR though?