I am a Silly American Question then a serious one.

McOwnage

McOwnage

Hello,

First GREAT job on emby.

Just became a Premier Lifetime member today(HAD to support such a AWESOME personal media library manager).

I was wondering why under dashboard in the Nfo Metadata options  there is a drop down for Release day format:. The default and only option is YYYY-MM-DD. How do us Silly Americans change it to MM-DD-YYYY?

post-74272-0-63027100-1586861050_thumb.jpg

I also had a weird thing happen the other day,  some movies (just 2) I have not started watching (this is the Admin account) started showing up in my Continue Watching list. At the time this  happened I had 2 accounts that can access my Library locally the the Admin account and a limited access account(ie cant delete, access the settings) that can also access my library from the internet. I just added a new local user but that was yesterday as far as I can tell another users continue watching does not show on another account. I was wondering if this is a random bug? or has anyone else had this happen?

Gilgamesh_48

The release date is used for sorting when the content is displayed by "release date" so the only format that makes sense is YYYY-MM-DD.

Emby "could" write routines that convert YYYY-MM-DD into MM-DD-YYYY for display purposes or the other way around for sorting but it would involve some effort and would not really provide anything most people want.

The YYYY-MM-DD method of displaying a date is perfectly "American" (more properly "US American") as I have seen it being used in databases used by most companies I have worked on systems for from the USPS to several Insurance companies to a couple of dispatching systems for trucking and bus services. 

I do not see any need to even make a display change.

I was wondering why under dashboard in the Nfo Metadata options  there is a drop down for Release day format:. The default and only option is YYYY-MM-DD. How do us Silly Americans change it to MM-DD-YYYY?

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I added this option a long time ago thinking more formats would be added, but that never happened.

In any event, it does not affect the way dates are displayed in Emby. It's only to indicate the date format inside the nfo file so that Emby can parse them correctly.

I also had a weird thing happen the other day,  some movies (just 2) I have not started watching (this is the Admin account) started showing up in my Continue Watching list. At the time this  happened I had 2 accounts that can access my Library locally the the Admin account and a limited access account(ie cant delete, access the settings) that can also access my library from the internet. I just added a new local user but that was yesterday as far as I can tell another users continue watching does not show on another account. I was wondering if this is a random bug? or has anyone else had this happen?

Only things i can think of are:

• At some point you weren't actually logged in with the user that you thought you were
  • Or perhaps you've added the trakt plugin and it's causing this