updating emby on kodi

Shindou12

Shindou12

I currently have my tv library set up by genre (tv shows - action, adventure, comedy), studio (anime genre - action, adventure, comedy), and tags (cartoon genre - action, adventure, comedy). I manually go through them on emby on my mac and it works fine. When I first add them they get added to kodi by emby on kodi which is good. However, when update the genre, studio, or tags to keep them organized and only showing that type of media it does not update on kodi. I have to go to kodi and repair the library which removes all the tv shows and re-uploads them to get the right organization by information. I was hoping that the automatic update through emby on kodi would correct the studio and tag information when I update it on the computer app. Is there a way without having to repair the libary to correct this?

Hi, did you give it time to see if the automated sync process eventually picks up the changes?

Shindou12

Yes I left it overnight to see if it would update. It updates when there is a new series or movie with studio and tag section but has not updated when it was previously added and updated in the emby computer app. I was looking on the emby by kodi sections and it does not have a section to look at studios. Kodi native system does have that section. Could this be a reason that it is having a hard time updating it? It has a by actor, by year, and by tag section on kodi but not studio.

Edited by Shindou12