What web browser do you use

shaefurr

shaefurr

Just curious what web browser other people use, and why.

What I use.

For Windows:

I've been a long time firefox user since it released, I love how they keep updating it and the enormous amount of plug-ins. Though I used chrome for the past 6 months to give it a try, and I like how its a bit faster than firefox, and the password and bookmark sync to your google account is a nice feature to have built in. But in the end I just cant get away from the plugin rich Firefox experience. Plus simple things like smooth webpage scrolling just make it more pleasant to me.

For Android:

I've tried Dolphin, Firefox and chome. Personally I just use Firefox because of the sync feature with the desktop version, I like being able to open a tab on my desktop and jump right to it on my phone or tablet. Aside from that they all seem about the same speed wise to me, though my phone is getting a bit dated, so...

Koleckai Silvestri

Chrome across the board. Though the current version has a serious memory leak with Flash.

techywarrior

IE 11 Flash and plugins disabled. FF for Flash and testing. Chrome for when I am writing the Chrome Extension for MB.

80/15/5 breakdown.

I like what MS has done in the new "we are going to build a real web browser" phase they have been in. FF to me has gone backwards lately. Chrome is fast but I also find it does strange things.

None are perfect but with the new "rapid release" schedule that FF and Chrome do I find that there are too many issues that get thru testing. I feel like I am their testing department (definitely a theme with Google).

As the browsers all get more compliant and more rapidly support new HTML5 specs I think it becomes more of a personal preference (which is a really good thing).

Now someone needs to make the W3C actually finalize a spec and stop being so abstract with the wording of some of their requirements. Seriously, have you read some of that crap?

Cheesegeezer

Chrome for everything, it syncs my bookmarks across every platform and all my pc's. Its pretty neat!!

• Like 1

CBers

Chrome for everything, it syncs my bookmarks across every platform and all my pc's. Its pretty neat!!

Same here.

Also I like the user profiles in Chrome, which means my wife can have her own favourites etc. and they sync to her mobile devices.

• Like 1

aspdend

Chrome across the board for me - it just works quickly - I use it at work, at home, mobile and tablet

im85288

For the Apple EcoSystem you can't beat Safari..seamless cloud synch across all devices. Out of that system I'd go Chrome too 

Beardyname

FF customized heavily, Tree style tabs ( we have broad screens not high when will all the other browsers get that ?)

Also replaced the password manager with Keepass 2, using Adblock+ NoScript VideoResumer, And at last greasemonkey with some scripts for that :)

Cheesegeezer

For the Apple EcoSystem you can't beat Safari..seamless cloud synch across all devices. Out of that system I'd go Chrome too

I'm using chrome for my iphone and ipads and prefer it to safari

Deihmos

I use to use chrome but now I just use IE 11. It seems faster to me and syncs across all windows 8 pcs plus it looks cleaner.

im85288

I'm using chrome for my iphone and ipads and prefer it to safari

I used to do that too until the retina macbook came out and chrome took a while getting updated to support it...I found that safari worked great with no config needed on each device, but yeah chrome is pretty awesome too :)

gthrift

Mainly Chrome on my computers, phone, tablet and ipad.  Some safari on my iPad.  

I do have to use Firefox at work though, due to the CRM program just working better with it.

Macburp

Was a long-time Firefox user, migrated to that from Netscape Navigator. Never used IE, couldn't get on with it. Still feel the same about IE after 20 years surfing the net.

Then.... FF seemed very slow and clunky, so gave Chrome a try. Instant convert, I now use Chrome for everything. 

Now finding Chrome a bit slow :(. Tried Maxthon for a bit, until I realised it was based on Chrome. Also tried Opera, not so good. 

Open to alternatives for a truly lightweight browser - what Chrome ought to be. These days I really think Google softwares are memory and processor hogs (odd, since I love android....)

Good day,

Chrome for normal usage, Netscape .. oops .. Firefox when need it.

My best

From our analytics on this site:

Chrome: 47%

FF: 17%

IE: 17%

Safari: 12%

From our analytics on this site:

Chrome: 47%

FF: 17%

IE: 17%

Safari: 12%

Well buddy, seem default browser as the list go by far, is Chrome :)

FF also there when need it, when Chrome simply failed or do not deliver.