Emby Dark the dark TV channel logos are faded

groenator

groenator

When I use the Dark theme the TV logos which are black are faded in the background. I could've use a different theme, but I would like to use the Dark theme. Are there any plans to create a different dark theme that can show the dark logos well? 

It might be too much to ask, it would be nice to have a dark grey theme (like TiviMate or plex) where all the TV logos are shown nicely. 

I have attached a screenshot using Emby Dark-Red theme. This happens with all the dark background themes. 

Thank you!

5e92221f78a60_Capture.png

I'm afraid it is impossible to choose a color that absolutely any other color will show when superimposed on it.  If we made it lighter, then some other logos with lighter colors may disappear.

I'm not sure what we can do here to make everything work...

groenator

Maybe a dark lighter grey theme? For e.g I am using Tivimate and the app is using a dark grey theme but the dark logos are still visible. This is just a suggestion, I don't want to suggest to copy other apps.

I understand is not that easy to have a theme which will have all the logos visible. 

Thanks for input!

Maybe a dark lighter grey theme?

But the problem will always exist as long as the logos vary in color. Then you'll have lighter gray logos that will be harder to see. 

What we should check into is whether or not we can get multi-color logos from our guide data provider, and then we can just always get the white ones.

groenator

The screenshots I am using is  from Tivimate, the app is using darker grey colours to make both the dark and lighter logos blend well. If somehow Emby could have a theme like this, I think you would be able to satisfy both types of logos. These are the same logos I am using with Emby. The only themes that blend well with the TV logos are the Ambience Blue and Apple TV, I like these themes, but I would prefer using a theme that is a bit darker.

A lot of TV providers have only dark TV Logos, unless someone will re-edit the logos for a lighter version, I don't see how this would work. 

5e9340bf27c08_20200412_171620.jpg

Edited by groenator

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look for possible improvements.

In the meantime you may want to explore a different theme option that might work better with your logos.

• 4 weeks later...
shdwkeeper

Can we go with more of a dark grey theme option like DirecTV?  That looks pretty good also.

mark-in-dallas

I had the same problem, which I really didn't see as an issue because as ebr pointed out there are always going to be some logos that won't show well in some color themes.  What you can do is to manually replace the hard to see logos with something that is more visible.

SHSPVR

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look for possible improvements.

In the meantime you may want to explore a different theme option that might work better with your logos.

On way to address this is add Logo only row and make it light gray

shdwkeeper

On way to address this is add Logo only row and make it light gray

That would be awesome.

shdwkeeper

I had the same problem, which I really didn't see as an issue because as ebr pointed out there are always going to be some logos that won't show well in some color themes. What you can do is to manually replace the hard to see logos with something that is more visible.

That's way to much time and effort, since the logos are coming from the guide provider you will always be at the mercy of what logo they are using.

arrbee99

I do sometimes think it would be nice to have one theme for general use and a separate one for the guide.

SHSPVR

Hey @@Luke schedules direct now has theme color in gray, white, light or dark where just talk about this on SageTV which kind make a mess out it EPG

Edited by SHSPVR

• 7 months later...
Ronstang
On 4/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, Luke said:

What we should check into is whether or not we can get multi-color logos from our guide data provider, and then we can just always get the white ones.

Any way to create a whitish halo around all logos?  Then in the dark theme all will show better and in the light theme it will blend in an not even be noticeable

Not a bad idea.  @Luke is it possible to just put a white image behind the logo so it's not longer transparent?

shdwkeeper

Basically all you have to do is look at all the dark themes than just add a light grey border column all the way down the logo row.  Than these logos will pop out a little more.  The logos come from the provider, so you are kind of at their mercy.  Schedules direct I believe has different types of logos for light and dark backgrounds, if you look at the epg123 program you will see the options.

If you have the Blue Radiance theme on the very bottom row in the logo section is the color that would work for most themes, as the black logos are visible.

Edited by shdwkeeper

On 12/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, cayars said:

Not a bad idea.  @Luke is it possible to just put a white image behind the logo so it's not longer transparent?

That will probably look pretty clunky IMO.  It would be best if we could find different versions of the logos.

Fully agree, I was just thinking that for dark themes at least this would make them visible, even if not ideal.

SHSPVR
1 minute ago, ebr said:

That will probably look pretty clunky IMO.  It would be best if we could find different versions of the logos.

It don't look bad in Plex but more gray color