Being able to use names in addition to IP addresses when we configure which networks are local

Enrique1980

Enrique1980

I wish I could put DNS names in addition to IP addresses in the "local networks" field

If that was possible, I could put the name "dyndns.net" from another address (my beach house). My Internet provider assigns me an IP address that changes frequently.

Now I put (for example): "192.168.1.0/24, 52.41.151.131", but the address of my beach house "52.41.151.131" I have to change it frequently.

I would like to put something like "192.168.1.0/24, mysecondhouse.dyndns.net"

Thank you

Enrique1980

More simple solution:

* By marking certain devices on the server as "trusted" so that they work as if they were on the LAN

pir8radio

I know

For this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65041-android-tv-save-password-as-in-android-for-mobiles/

In order to have the same functionality in my beach house or in my sister's house that I have in my usual home: Several users who can enter without having to enter the password

More simple solution:

* By marking certain devices on the server as "trusted" so that they work as if they were on the LAN

Not a good idea in my opinion..   one, transcoding issues, if emby thinks those remote places are local..   But the main issue is, all i have to do is fake some headers now i can get right into your server with no password.  which may not be a huge deal, unless there is some kind of security hole that lets me do admin things, or delete media, schedule lots of live tv recordings just to be a jerk..  :)   Change profile picture to something vulgar, lol who knows...   but lt lets me (an unwelcome guest) get my foot in the door. 

Edited by pir8radio

I know

For this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65041-android-tv-save-password-as-in-android-for-mobiles/

In order to have the same functionality in my beach house or in my sister's house that I have in my usual home: Several users who can enter without having to enter the password

Right but you're going to cause other side effects by fooling the server into thinking the beach house is on the same local network.