Is there an easier way to update/revise the metadata

lennartwong

lennartwong

Hello!

I just ripped all my Battlestar Galactica 2004 bluray discs and put them into the Emby server.  I also included all the specials feature videos.  Most of the stuff are good.  But, the special features are a mess.  Since I am kind of a data neat freak, I want to update them all to reflect the title and season correctly.  However, it is painful to do that using the Emby app UI.  Is there another way to do the editing that is easier??  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Lennart

Happy2Play

I guess it really depends on how you have your specials configured.  But Emby gets info from TVDB so there would have to be configured like they have them.

Can you go over why they are a mess?

lennartwong

To be fair, I just finished updating all of them using a combination of the metadata manager and editing from the episode UI.  Difficult probably is not the right way to describe it.  It is more like annoying.  I am assuming, because the file name of a lot of the special feature videos didn't get matched with the TVDB, a lot of the title in the metadata is completely wrong.  I needed to do a lot of copy and pasting to fix that.  Then I need to change the season number and the episode number.  I also need to clear up the show before episode and after episode number (maybe I don't need to do that, not sure).  So, a lot of clicking and scrolling.

I am just spit balling.  If there is an app that I can select a bunch of video, and then select whether they are regular episode or special feature and also select what season they belong to, that would be awesome.  Basically a mass editing tool, instead of editing each one.  As for the title editing, it would be nice to have a way to pick the TVDB title or the filename as the title.  I am just dreaming here.  But, it may be some features for the future??

Thank you very much!

We do plan on adding bulk editing features in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1