Shaefurr's Boxset icons (now with Droplets)

shaefurr

shaefurr

Thanks for your work. 

There is just one small little error in the download of 111 Boxset images. The Harry Potter folder contains Pirates of the Caribbean. 

Ah yeah I noticed that like forever ago just forgot to fix it, seems it happened when I was moving all the images into folders, ill get it fixed :)

• Like 1

I will be converting all my boxsets to the new landscape style. They are a pretty good match with my genre and case style..

Here are some new/remade ones in both styles, the standard glossy folder, and the landscape folder style.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63290924/shaefurr-boxart-rs.rar

Movies sets are :

Appleseed

Armitage III

Charlie Brown

Chronicles of Narnia

Descpicable Me

Die Hard

Disc World

Dr. Seuss (Classic Style)

Fast & Furious

Ghost in the Shell

Harry Potter

Ice Age

IMAX Movies

Iron Man

James Bond (007)

Lord of the Rings

Pirates of the Caribbean

Shrek

Star Trek : Alternate Reality

Star Trek : The Next Generation

Star Trek : The Original

The Matrix

Underworld

X-Men

I will be adding more, and will do some requests as I have time.

Big thanks to Shaefurr for his amazing work

- RS

• Like 2

shaefurr

Nice work they look awesome :)

I was going to mention, if anyone finds the logo's arn't very visible, I can add a shadow or glow or something to them so they'll stand out more. Was hoping to get the new portrait style up today as well just havn't had time.

shaefurr

Fiddling with another style of boxset

kxc8.png

c6ga.png

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

LOVE the Disc style... though I would like to see it on the vert style too...  though having to have all the "discs" would be a PITA for some of the more obscure box sets (like a few of mine) that dont have disc art... but   with some fancy scripting, we could have it make "discs" from cover art... which is alot eaiser to make... and I would say it would have to support 2-5(or 6) discs.

Nick's MCE

These covers are just awesome, you do know how much work you have created to change them all over.

There is the P.S.D on Fanart TV for discs which is fully editable.

shaefurr

Added droplets for making the boxset folders, it has 4 styles now instead of 1, and should be more simple, let me know of any issues.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Added droplets for making the boxset folders, it has 4 styles now instead of 1, and should be more simple, let me know of any issues.

These are great. I can make my own with them. Thanks. I'll contribute some back in the next few days.

• Like 1

This is very nice stuff, thanks to those who have contributed. One thing, the Harry Potter icon actually turns out to be a Pirates of the Caribbean icon. Also is there any way to make these the same size as the Coverart pluggin icons, they seem to be a bit smaller? If anyone is still taking requests please consider the following:

Here are a few of them you asked for

The Avengers

Dirty Dozon

Men In Black

Night at the Museum

Percy Jackson

Princess Diaries

Scorpion King

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63290924/shaefurr-boxart2-rs.rar

-rs

shaefurr

Began processing my boxsets, ill post when finished, about 120 or so of them (all 4 styles in each movie folder)

Koleckai Silvestri

I created a bunch for Animated Disney collections. They are big files though at almost 2 Megabytes each. So the resulting image zip was 320 megabytes. What do you use to compress them down? 

I'll be honest. This was the first time every actually using Photoshop. I just purchased the Photoshop CC package for something like 9.99 a month.

Edited by Wayne Luke

They will be about a that size... None of mine are compressed :)  MB will scale them to the right size for the screen, but when they are left at the higher resolutions, they visually compress better on the resizing..  You can (if you want) go into Photoshop and go to Image/Image Size and scale them down that way, if you want.   If you want to post them up, you can get a free dropbox, or skydrive (Microsoft) account, and post them that way, or you can go to an image hosting place like postimage.org and just upload them in bulk, and it will make thumbnails you can post.

Honestly, I normally just leave them at the size they are. :)

And welcome to the wonderful world of Photoshop... I have been using it for ages, and its GREAT! (though can be a daunting learning curve)

shaefurr

Honestly I just zip them with winrar so they end up quite large, id love to switch over to the webp format since its so much smaller, but it requires a plugin for photoshop and I didnt want to have people needing to mess with that.

Images dont get compressed well in winrar or anything because they're already compressed by photoshop, you can try png compression software, something like PNG Gauntlet Though I havnt tried any of those myself. They have alternatives online like TinyPNG, but I doubt anyone wants to upload tons of files and slowly compress them a few at a time.

I'll look into webp again and see if I can figure out something with that, but id need to make sure they would work in MB as well.

Quick little teaser / input from you guys.

I have been working with Shaefurr on some ideas based on his work, and want to know if you guys would be interested, since you folks are using the boxset droplets, figure you would be the ones to ask. :) 

I am matching the rest of my MB to the folder style. Would you guys want more of these?

movies.png Sci_Fi.png

Edited by robsch

Honestly I just zip them with winrar so they end up quite large, id love to switch over to the webp format since its so much smaller, but it requires a plugin for photoshop and I didnt want to have people needing to mess with that.

Images dont get compressed well in winrar or anything because they're already compressed by photoshop, you can try png compression software, something like PNG Gauntlet Though I havnt tried any of those myself. They have alternatives online like TinyPNG, but I doubt anyone wants to upload tons of files and slowly compress them a few at a time.

I'll look into webp again and see if I can figure out something with that, but id need to make sure they would work in MB as well.

I can help you with webp... I'll PM you later tonight about it.  Though I don't know about using it with a droplet o.o    But I have used it.

shaefurr

I can help you with webp... I'll PM you later tonight about it.  Though I don't know about using it with a droplet o.o    But I have used it.

Ok, if its a pain id just say lets skip it since I dont want people to have to pull their hair out to make boxsets. Especially since its only an issue of size if people are uploading them to contribute to others. For sole usage it should be fine as is.

shaefurr

Just tried XnConvert and made a 100MB folder of boxsets into a 6MB folder.

However webp images dont show up in MBT.

@@Luke any plans to support webp images in MBT?  Or am I just missing something

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

mbt doesn't have customizable images so i can only assume you really mean the server

In that case, yeah I guess I mean the server :P